Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
25-01-2021, 10:26 AM   #1

Monday Daily.

Good morning Pamela,Shelley, Yola and Kazz.

Monday evening here after a really hot day - 28 degrees celsius - and my air con needs a new part which Elliot has sent away for, but when it will come, I really don't know. AND it's going to be 38 degrees tomorrow. We have all been advised to only go out if essential. This heatwave is causing fires that are burning out of control on the port hills and several homes have been evacuated. I always feel so sorry for the animals.The hills aren't far from here so I got all my cat carriers handy just to be on the safe side.At the moment, we are safe here and fire crews are still at work so hopefully they will manage to get it under control shortly.The air smells very smokey though.

We now have our first case of covid in the community after 2 months and we are all hoping that it hasn't spread further. Luckily, the case is in the north island and not down here and the lady concerned was diligent in using the covid tracer app to track her movements.

My cane corso girl is not good. There has been no change in her behaviour and she's eating very little.Michele also feels there is something wrong with her neurologically, apart from her burns because her eyes seem blank. She is due to have a full body scan on Thursday and we'll see if anything shows up,Speaking as a vet, Michele has told me NOT to take her as it will only bring heartache.She feels that it is too much of a risk and i can see where she's coming from. Considering nobody can get near her, she's certainly not adoptable at this point and she may never be. I'll be waiting to see what the scan show, if anything.

PAMELA.hope your dad was able to call in at the weekend to pick up his soup.You sound like a really good cook. That beef casserole must have been lovely on a cold night. Was it one of your mum's recipes from her book ? I hope you found the time over the weekend to get the fish tank cleaned out and get out running as well.

SHELLEY, that does sound funny being a week early for the funeral. Your poor dad still thinking it was the right funeral. Seriously, I do hope your cousin's funeral goes smoothly. It's good that your church services are now online. I haven't been to church for a while but I listen to different services on the Shine Christian channel on Sundays.It's not as good as being there but I got sick of being in such close proximity to others in my church who were coughing and with no masks in sight. Janna and I were the only ones wearing masks and I think people thought we were the stupid ones !!!

YOLA, hope things are continuing to go well for you and your family and you're coping with the lockdowns and the cold OK.

KAZZ, wonderful to hear from you and pleased to hear that you and Gert are all well and enjoying nice warm home cooked meals.You certainly need something warm when it's snowing.

Well everyone, have a good Monday and stay warm and safe.I'll let you know how I survive tomorrow in 38 degrees with no air con. I'm NOT looking forward to it at all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-01-2021, 02:11 PM   #2

Re: Monday Daily.

Good afternoon all.

Snow laying here just cleared the car and turned it round while sun is shinning so can drive out of the garden not reverse as the forecast is -5 tonight so likely to freeze hard. Going to cover it tonight but not sure if I will drive or walk as it will be 4.30am.

Dinky Hope you don't need the cat carriers; okay can you fill me in on the Cane Corso is she yours?

Doing nothing today not a thing bar surfing here and watching the tv oh and eating. Have a great day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-01-2021, 02:15 PM   #3

Afternooners everyone,
Working from home so just bobbed on to say hello.
Dinky, it's heartbreaking about the poor CC.
I hope the fires are under control soon and also that the covid case is an isolated one.
Pamela did you manage to see your dad?
Yola, how are things with you?
Karen nice to hear from you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-01-2021, 02:16 PM   #4

Lol Karen we posted together

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-01-2021, 03:04 PM   #5

Afternoon all. The snow is rapidly receding here - pretty to look at but I'm not a fan of either walking or driving in it. OH took eldest to his weekend MaccieD job yesterday while I admit, I didn't get out of my PJs. Lots of cleaning and ironing was done though. Plopped each of the cats outside so they could experience the snow and they legged it back faster than I could reach for the phone camera

Nothing much to report. OH has started converting a cupboard on the top floor (would originally have been a servants bedroom back 200 years ago when the house was built), into a bathroom for youngest. Oldest already has an ensuite so this will kind of even things up. He can do all of it apart from the electrics, himself. Handy (and cheap)!

Kazz - lovely to see you here mate.
Dinky - such sad news about the doggy. And I hope the fires keep their distance!
Shelley - I'm working from home too. Apart from a few days back in the office over early autumn, it's been nearly a year now.
Pamela - Hope it's not snowed too much for you to have a quick run.

Catsey Veteran

25-01-2021, 05:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Afternoon all. The snow is rapidly receding here - pretty to look at but I'm not a fan of either walking or driving in it. OH took eldest to his weekend MaccieD job yesterday while I admit, I didn't get out of my PJs. Lots of cleaning and ironing was done though. Plopped each of the cats outside so they could experience the snow and they legged it back faster than I could reach for the phone camera

Nothing much to report. OH has started converting a cupboard on the top floor (would originally have been a servants bedroom back 200 years ago when the house was built), into a bathroom for youngest. Oldest already has an ensuite so this will kind of even things up. He can do all of it apart from the electrics, himself. Handy (and cheap)!

Kazz - lovely to see you here mate.
Dinky - such sad news about the doggy. And I hope the fires keep their distance!
Shelley - I'm working from home too. Apart from a few days back in the office over early autumn, it's been nearly a year now.
Pamela - Hope it's not snowed too much for you to have a quick run.
Nice to be here. Think I will have a good go at sorting the other computer when on holiday next week but have to say sometimes I think this site is closing done on itself like a Dr Who episode.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
25-01-2021, 07:34 PM   #7

Evening everyone, nice to see the daily so busy!!!

Not much been happening here, no snow, just a heavy frost which is better!! Was meant to go running tonight but pulled out tonight.

Dinky, so sorry that its to sounding good for the CC girl I was hoping Michele would see something in her. I do hope you are staying safe now that covid may be creeping back into the community.

Shelley, Hello How is work going with the zoom calls?

Kazz, nice to see you I do hope you dont need to drive in the minus temps but walking may not be great either!! How is your pup doing? All well i hope.

Yola, the conversion sounds good especially as OH can do majority of it. I think i will be staying in my PJs i think tomorrow as i have no video calls or going out after work so PJ day it is!! I have only had one of them since working from home started last march. I always prefer to get ready even if it is just jogging bottoms and a hoody.

Not doing much tonight as not in the right mood for anything tbh. I had a visit from my dad and sister and he gave both of us a gift from mum so it has upset me a bit tonight.

Take care everyone, great to see so many members on the daily keeping it alive!!

Catsey Veteran

25-01-2021, 09:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81

Kazz, nice to see you I do hope you dont need to drive in the minus temps but walking may not be great either!! How is your pup doing? All well i hope.

!
She is doing brilliant thanks 6 now where has time gone. Think I will be doing one or the other as need to get to work have covered the car so should not have to deal with frost as such.....Brrrrrr though I think. Although we have rain tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Catsey Veteran

25-01-2021, 09:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
Not doing much tonight as not in the right mood for anything tbh. I had a visit from my dad and sister and he gave both of us a gift from mum so it has upset me a bit tonight.

How lovely.