Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: DSH, Tortoiseshell, & Russian Blue
28-04-2015, 07:06 PM   #1

Mushy food

The following I wouldnt quite consider a behavioral issue, more so just a curiosity that i would love to hear other opinions on.

My cats always have hard food to eat at their own discretion at any point during the day. My cat Sybrah however, loves to paddle her water from her bowl into her food bowl ultimately turning her hard food into soft food.
She does this a lot.

Ive always assumed she simply would prefer to eat soft food rather than this hard stuff, which i dont blame her. Afterall, she does seem to know why shes doing it.

I dont consider it a problem. Im not looking for a way to stop her from doing it. But i do wonder why she does it. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

I will note that she is 7. While almost middle-aged, her vet doesnt seem to think shes having any dental issues. But, second opinions are never a bad thing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-04-2015, 12:24 PM   #2

Re: Mushy food

I agree with you and see no harm at all in her little quirk.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-04-2015, 12:50 PM   #3

Re: Mushy food

As you have ruled out the obvious dental issue, it is strange behaviour but she is showing her preference. Have you tried offering wet food at all?