Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: not sure
21-06-2014, 04:18 AM   #1

Am I Overfeeding

I have been doing some more research on how to properly care for Cheddar. I'm getting mixed messages for amount to feed. Some say to feed 7-9 ml per meal, I've been giving 15 ml per feeding as per my vet and another person with orphan kittens. Do you think that is why he's constipated and bloated? He's still so hungry after the 15 ml but I haven't been giving more than that. I'm worried his health might decline and get weak if I only give 7-9 ml.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-06-2014, 05:50 AM   #2

Re: Am I Overfeeding

I'm sure you're doing good although I have no experience with rearing kittens, stick to the advice from your vet and the experienced person. I know that Cheddar may appear bloated but as long as he's active and he's looking for food I wouldn't worry too much. Do you have to stimulate him to toilet? or is he passed that stage now? I don't know what is regular for kittens, but what goes in must come out and eventually he will 'poop' freely. Hope someone else on here gives you more constructive advise Timber but I feel you're doing ok,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-06-2014, 09:08 AM   #3

Re: Am I Overfeeding

Did you speak to the vet about possible worm problems? That could be the reason that Cheddar is still hungry. I do think that his constipation needs sorting and whether there is a worm issue too. Perhaps a phone call to the vet or a visit?