Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #11

Re: Daily thread - Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Catsey. Mags: I did most of my (unmentionable word) shopping on line over the weekend...hate the crowded shops, love the convenience of having it delivered! Have a nice evening, all !
Wow Eileen! Sounds like you are ahead of us all!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-10-2006, 10:34 PM   #12

That's because I don't have a lot of imagination: give my friends potted amaryllis & super-special tins of nuts from a fancy gourmet place; every year ask them if they're tired of the same old thing and they keep saying no, that they look forward to them every Xmas! So....easy way out for me and please my friends also!! One friend is impossible to buy for; he has everything, doesn't want to bother with a plant & isn't especially fond of nuts, so go mad every year trying to think of something..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-10-2006, 10:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
That's because I don't have a lot of imagination: give my friends potted amaryllis & super-special tins of nuts from a fancy gourmet place; every year ask them if they're tired of the same old thing and they keep saying no, that they look forward to them every Xmas! So....easy way out for me and please my friends also!! One friend is impossible to buy for; he has everything, doesn't want to bother with a plant & isn't especially fond of nuts, so go mad every year trying to think of something..
You are organised, if he doesn't know what he wants give him something he would like. A card sying we will share an evening together at a play/film/meal, Give him your time.

Global Moderator

16-10-2006, 10:42 PM   #14

.....or a book token?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-10-2006, 10:47 PM   #15

Kazz, he & I have been friends since 1965! We frequently go out to dinner, so that's not much of an option, unfortunately...just part of our routine! Mags: he's (sob!) not much of a reader! Can sometimes pry the name of a DVD he'd like, so will probably go that route this year... or maybe a new CD...???

Global Moderator

16-10-2006, 10:51 PM   #16

There's always the faithful socks Eileen!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-10-2006, 10:55 PM   #17

Give him a star then buy a star for him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #18

or make a contribution to something worthwhile on his behalf? http://www.oxfamunwrapped.com/
There you go - they even provide an e-card, so you can do it all seated at your PC .
There are all sorts of 'fun' gifts which will go to the needy on his behalf - an alpaca, a mango tree, an allotment(!), a toilet, a schoolroom, a chicken etc etc.