Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
09-10-2006, 09:18 AM   #1

Daily Thread ~ Monday

Wet and miserable day here today.

Total declutter of my house this week as we're having the house valued next week to see if it's worth us putting it on the market now or whether to spend a bit more money redecorating first. I'm definately gonna finish painting the kitchen first whatever happens

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-10-2006, 09:27 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread ~ Monday

It's raining here too! I need to take my old rotary dryer to the tip, and hopefully it the rain stops, push the pram into town and get a few bits n peices from the shops.

We've started ripping apart the front garden; taken out lots of unruly shrubs and have got hubby to agree to pave a large majority of the area in quite a classical slabs n shingle manner. We will have to use proper paving - yorkshire slabs or at least natural stone as it's at the front of the house which is listed. Also will get the rubinia tree taken out later this week or early next as it's grown MASSIVE!!

Cats n kids are all OK. Had a bad night as Sebastian was awake and yelling a lot of the time. Tummy's less sore than it was but I don't think the wound's healed yet

Had some bad news; a friend of mine who has been going through IVF has had another failed cycle. Seems this time it was quite traumatic. I feel so desperately sorry for her and her hubby who she says is taking things very badly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
09-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #3

Yola I hope your tummy starts to feel better soon. Mine took a while to heal aswell.

Sorry to hear that your friend is having a rough time.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #4

Afternoon all!

It's been a gloomy, showery morning here. Went into town earlier, bought my first Christmas pressie for SIL....hopefully the rest will be as easy to get!

Yola ~ I hope you aren't attempting to do any of the work in your front garden!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-10-2006, 02:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags

Yola ~ I hope you aren't attempting to do any of the work in your front garden!

Hehe!! Nope, but thanks for worrying . I just trimmed a few shrubs with secateurs and yelled at Dominik when he got too close to the road . Hubby did all the hard graft!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
09-10-2006, 04:02 PM   #6

We have slight rain on and off all day, but I was working.

Done food shopping etc.... and now enjoying a nice cuppa x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #7

Evening all, its been beautiful here today, very warm....still clearing up after the joiner!!!We w ere supposed to get a plasterer this week, he phone and said something had come up, so will not be doing our plastering!! Back to the yellow pages....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
09-10-2006, 06:36 PM   #8

Usual school and work stuff today, although work involved having to value a more or less derelict 1895 house!!!

Went out with the valuer - house was a wreck and spooky!! Dark basement with no lighting (i didnt go down there!) Cant imagine the stories the house could tell - who lived there and what had happened to the house over the years? Looks like an office was there once, and maybe students and also old people due to the stuff that was still there, but who knows before all that!!

Just doing dinner now = sweet and sour chicken and rice. Yum!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-10-2006, 08:35 PM   #9

Summer making a reappearance today: 77 degrees, brilliant sunshine. To the market and my facorite cheese, Port Salut was on sale...$4.99 a pound reduced from $7.99!! Today is the Columbus Day holiday, so very quiet; not much traffic. Am going to have cocktails on the porch for what may be the last time; the prediction for Friday is the high will be in the low fifties!!! Brrrr! Have a nice evening, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
09-10-2006, 10:47 PM   #10

Evening all. Finally got over most of my cold, so here I am back on catsey! Rained all morning and then turned into a gorgeous day. Got the shopping done and pottered about in my flower beds.

Worried about my mum, she's gone into the Royal Infirmary in Glasgow today as she's having a hysterectomy tomorrow, so fingers crossed that it all goes well and strightforward.