Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #11

Re: How often to feed tuna?

Pickalilly, it's just that there has been quite a few of us here who have had cats with CRF which may be in part due to feeding dry food ......... vets generally promote dry food as being suitable/well balanced which they probably are BUT .... I know I would prefer my cats to eat mainly wet, however I know that they will eat what they like and nothing else ............ and make me feel guilty about it!!!

Dogs are a lot easier, as Elaine says.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
28-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #12

I have the opposite problem, mine don't like the gravy but love the jelly! Even Missy, and she will eat just about anything!
If you are worried about a lack of taurine etc, is there a suplement you could add to the fish? Not something I've looked into, but just a thought.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickalilly
So everyone, do you think it's fine to feed two tins of tuna cat food per week??

I have finally found an affordable brand with good percentages of fish/meat...Waitrose own (but the 70% meat ones, NOT the 14%). Henry adores the mackerel, sardine and clam one which is a good try because it comes in no jelly, just fresh chunks.

Why is it that there is such controversy and confusion about cat health, diet, dental care etc.?? I just do what I think is best but I constantly worry!!

We all worry and try to do what's best.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Fluffy tailed kitty
02-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #14

Trishka doesn't like anything fishy if she had her way it would be chicken for breakfast, lunch and tea!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
05-09-2012, 05:14 AM   #15

I opened a can of tuna last week to
make sandwiches & misty was virtually on top of the can emitting high pitched excited squeaks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #16

My two are amazing - I didn't think that their love of tuna and anchovy would persist, but it has. The oddest thing is though that they are not impressed by other offerings in the same range, tuna and prawn, tuna and bream or tuna and something else I can't remember. It's tuna and anchovy or nothing. There must be something in those anchovies!!!