Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Domestic S/H
14-04-2007, 10:16 PM   #1

Flea Spot on Treatment

My Smokey has always been treated with Frontline, but today a friend has told me that Bob Martin have a spot on treatment for cats, which used to be on prescription (?) but can now be bought over the counter at Pet Shops, lasts up to four months (?) and costs around £7.

I've looked at the Bob Martin web site, and yes, they do have a spot on flea treatment, but nothing to say it used to be prescription only, and anyway, I didn't think any Bob Martin products were prescription only. Has anyone tried this product, and can anyone recommend it, or at least know anything about it, or is my friend totally and completely senile!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
14-04-2007, 10:18 PM   #2

Re: Flea Spot on Treatment

I dont know about the Bob Martin one but as far as I know the Johnsons flea treatments that have come out, 4fleas, used to be under a prescription only name. I have used the 4fleas tablets for cats and found them amazing. I actually sat and watched the fleas falling off Cooper when I first brought him home and gave him it!

14-04-2007, 10:23 PM   #3

Now that is quite interesting, as one of the Bob Martin web sites actually led you on to some Johnson products, including....yes, you've guessed, spot on flea treatment products! I wonder if that is what my friend meant. I might try it if it is as good as you say.

Thanks for that!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
14-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #4

Oh don't do it on my say so please, lol! It won't work and then you'll blame me for trying it lol!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
14-04-2007, 10:30 PM   #5

I have heard from my vets that the Bob Martin stuff isn't very good, but that's only hearsay, and they could just be saying that so we buy their more expensive stuff!!! lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
14-04-2007, 10:33 PM   #6

As far as I know Bob Martin has never been a POM.

I wouldn't recommend using products that aren't POM for flea control as they are not effective in my opinion.

14-04-2007, 10:35 PM   #7

I must admit, I am always a bit wary of non-vet products, but perhaps that's because I always tend to think that the vet knows best, even when I am sure they don't - if you know what I mean???!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #8

I prefer Stronghold as it protects against ear mites too but it is only available from the vet and is quite expensive. I occasionally use Frontline but won't use any of the Johnsons/Bob Martin products as I have heard that they are a waste of money..

14-04-2007, 10:37 PM   #9

I would never blame you I promise!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
18-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanda
My Smokey has always been treated with Frontline, but today a friend has told me that Bob Martin have a spot on treatment for cats, which used to be on prescription (?) but can now be bought over the counter at Pet Shops, lasts up to four months (?) and costs around £7.

I've looked at the Bob Martin web site, and yes, they do have a spot on flea treatment, but nothing to say it used to be prescription only, and anyway, I didn't think any Bob Martin products were prescription only. Has anyone tried this product, and can anyone recommend it, or at least know anything about it, or is my friend totally and completely senile!!!

I have tried the Bob Martin Stuff it wasn't that good though... I use Stronghold seems to be the best as the frontline didn.t work too well either for me xx