Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
04-09-2010, 10:08 AM   #1

Last of the Saturday wine

It's still sunny for now so a BBQ in the pipeline for this afternoon. Rushed up to the supermarket for instant bbq packs and usual fare. Will give me a chance to pop open one of my fizzy wines that I got for my 50th and celebrate Tom's back to school for his final junior year and his 11th birthday on Monday. He told me yesterday that will be the oldest kid in the school, so that deserves a toast too!

Got up early to finish off the ironing and will whiz around with the Hoover in a minute. See you later. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #2

Re: Last of the Saturday wine

Morning PP, sounds like a busy day, yes it is BBQ weather isn't it? strange Sept and June appear to be being better weather months than July August. Weird.

Anyhow out into the back garden today cutting down a conifer and moving the plastic store - we keep the rubbish and recycling in it. Anyhow its moving in preperation of having the utility extension built.
Got to pop out for some shopping too, meat from the butchers mainly.

Going to give Sal a bath as well if the weather holds.

So off I go, have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

04-09-2010, 10:28 AM   #3

Lovley title for the daily too PP....Love it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #4

Hi PP, Kazz! Nice day here too, but much more hazy. Hope you have a lovely BBQ, PP and enjoy the wine! We are having a "sort of" BBQ too later - the food (Heston's burgers from the Waitrose recipe) will be cooked outside, but we will eat indoors!

I am going to design some schnapps/liqueur bottle labels this afternoon - last year's ones were good, so may just adapt those. Will probably pop back at tea time for a catch-up.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
04-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #5

Been shopping today for my outfit for our son's wedding. If I knew how to copy from the Jacques Vert site I'd show you! If you're interested in looking it's their New England in the Fall range a russet/terracotta jacket with a floral skirt and top. Not colours I normally choose but it looks nice. Daughter bought a lovely grey silk bias cut dress from Phase Eight. We shopped in Farnham, just down the road. OH is amazed that we both got outfits without needing to spend hours and hours in various shops! Now we just need shoes!!!!

Out into the garden before the day ends, got lots of cutting down and tidying up still to do. All the geraniums have been done but the big shasta daisies need cutting down along with various other things that have gone over.

Enjoy the rest of this lovely warm September day, BBQs sound just the thing for this evening.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #6

Hi all! Lovely sunny day here but cooler and quite windy; front thru overnight and dropped the temps and humidity: 22 C (71 F), need jeans and tee. Still reading my 800+ page epic so skipped the library, just a lie in, chores and paid bills.

The BBQs sound lovely; I haven't done one this year, mosquitoes have been unbearable. Enjoy yours. MrsH, your outfit sounds very nice. Angie, I didn't know you could get personalized labels! I guess you can find anything on the Net these days, would love to see yours.

Have a great day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-09-2010, 05:26 PM   #7

Afternoon all - been to see my gran in the residential home - she looks very well but totally barmy bless her. We took one of the wedding photos for her and she was very pleased although I am not convinced she knew who we were.

Just made a lasagna for dinner tonight. Should be nice.

MrsH - That outfit is stunning!!!! good choice!. Here are the pictures for you

Are you going to get the fascinator??? it is rather lovely or are you going to wear a hat??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
04-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #8

Oh Emma! Thank you for posting the pictures, how do you do that?

Yes, I got the fascinator (and the bag as well!) In for a penny in for £ (rather a lot of them actually)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #9

LOL - if you right click with your mouse on the photos - at the bottom of the screen you will see an option "properties" click on that and you will see the address (URL) just highlight the URL and paste it into the URL box when you click on the image box on catsey

Catsey Veteran

04-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #10

That looks like an outfit the "mother of the wedding couple would wear" lovely.