Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
31-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #1

Mouse being sick alot, is this something to worry about?

Hi All

Yesterday Mouse was sick 6 times throughout the course of the day.....and it was alot each time, entire contents of her tummy! Now tonight she's been sick twice (in about an hour's time).....once the contents of her stomach again, and once just bile. Sorry if this is really quite gross!

Over the past several weeks I have noticed she's been sick a couple times a week......but wasn't terribly concerned about that as it was only every few days.

She's still eating and wasn't sick after her breakfast this morning, or at all until about 2 hours ago......and I've held off her night feeding tonight for a few hours to make sure she doesn't sick up her medication. She's energetic and doesn't seem to be in any pain, and still using the litter box as usual.

Does this sound like it could be something she ate.....we had some cut flowers in the house on Friday night......(chrysanthemums)......and she showed an interest in them but not sure if she had a chew at them before they were put out of reach. I am quite worried because with her being on steroids for so long, and her immune system being affected, the vet has said she could be in danger of secondary illnesses.

Are there any illnesses that cause cats to be quite ill like that....but still alert and active and playful with only a little loss of appetite? My mother made a comment about kidney failure causing vomitting....which admittedly has sent me into a huge flurry of panic!

Thanks!

Tina

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-08-2008, 10:21 PM   #2

Re: Mouse being sick alot, is this something to worry about?

Tina, I don't know about the renal failure, but did do a quick Google on poisonous plants and chrysanthemums are on the list.

http://www.cfa.org/articles/plants.html

I think I'd give my vet a quick call tomorrow, if only to ease your mind. Cats can be very good at hiding signs of illness....please let us know how Mouse is doing .....

Catsey Senior

31-08-2008, 10:28 PM   #3

Thanks Eileen!

Will ring the vets first thing in the morning just to be sure. She hasn't been sick again since those 2 times this evening (touch wood!) so hopefully it's out of her system now! Have given her late dinner and so far it's staying down, which means hopefully her meds are staying down too!

Thanks again! WIll let you know how she is!

Tina

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-08-2008, 10:53 PM   #4

I think it would be best to have her checked out Tina, seeing that dear Mouse is not 100% fit anyway. Do so hope it's nothing to worry about. Let us know how she gets on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
01-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #5

Poor Mouse, how is she today? What did the vet say?

Catsey Senior

01-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #6

Mouse hasn't been sick again since I posted here yesterday. Rang the vet this morning and he said it sounded like she had eaten something that disagreed with her (likely chewing on those flowers!) and that she should be fine as she is now eating like a horse and keeping everything down and has plenty of energy, etc! She has an appointment next week for her monthly blood tests, so the vet said as long as she doesn't start being sick again before that then not to worry.

Thanks for the responses and advice, it is much appreciated as I DO worry an awful lot about little Mousie!

Tina

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-09-2008, 04:18 PM   #7

Good news, Tina!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-09-2008, 06:42 PM   #8

Excellent news!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
01-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #9

Glad to hear that Mouse is on the mend after her upset tummy. She must be such a worry due to her condition but at least you are on the ball and pro active about anything that crops up with her. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-09-2008, 08:21 PM   #10

Gentle cuddles to dear Mouse and (((HUGS))) for you Tina - do let us know how she gets on with her tests next week.