Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-11-2006, 08:35 PM   #71

Re: Very worried about Teddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Fran, you have no idea how much hope that has just given me (actually you probably do). What food do you have Porsha on? And how long after giving her the promax and antibiotic did you start to see results? Alex x
She is having Royal Canin kitten biscuits and Royal Canin sensitive chicken and rice pouches. The new antibiotic she is on Baytril. I started seeing normal poos a couple of days after starting the Baytril and Promax.

I really hope you have success with Teddy's new treatment too. The antibiotic you have mentioned is not one I have been given for Porsha so I cannot comment on that one. Promax paste has binding agents, probiotics, yeasts and other agents to help the guts restore normal function. It's quite expensive but absolutely well worth it in my opinion.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #72

If it works it will be worth every penny. I think the dried Royal Canin sensitivity was really irritating Teddys tummy, so hopefull the Hills being a wet food will make things easier on him.

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #73

Forgot to say, my MIL (who hates cats) actually gave me my birthday money (£20) early so I could get Teddys antibiotics. I thought that was really nice of her, 'cause even she felt sorry for him when she was down last week.

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #74

Hill's is a good food, although I have never used it myself. The vet gave me the Royal Canin sensitivity pouches (wet food) I haven't tried RC sensitive dry diet. Porsha had to have some sort of kitten biscuit because she was so poorly grown for her age and when I got her she was a terribly fussy eater and the RC babycat/kitten were the only ones she would eat.

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2006, 08:46 PM   #75

We tried the RC pouches with Teddy a few weeks ago, obviously it didn't help, so that was when we tried the dried, to no success. I'm pinning my hopes on this one.

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2006, 08:53 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
We tried the RC pouches with Teddy a few weeks ago, obviously it didn't help, so that was when we tried the dried, to no success. I'm pinning my hopes on this one.
I have tried various different diets with Porsha and not one of them has made a difference tbh. Obviously the medication she is on now is what is sorting her out rather than the diet if you get my meaning. I am hopeful that once she is fully normal in the poo department and when her guts have calmed down and recovered from this terrible time that she will be able to eat a much wider variety of things..

I have my fingers crossed that tomorrow you will have news for us that Teddy is starting to be much better in the toilet department

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2006, 09:29 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Fran, I'm so pleased you are beginning to see some results in Porsha's treatment.......I'm sure that will give some hope to Alex too.

I hope Porsha continues to improve (and we can have some more piccies please)

Good luck to both of you.....

Thank you Mags and I promise I will find time over the next couple of days to take some new photos

Catsey Veteran

04-11-2006, 09:24 AM   #78

Any improvement this morning Alex?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
04-11-2006, 09:57 AM   #79

Great news from you Fran and hopefully Alex will be able to give a similarly encouraging report very soon.
I'm so pleased for you both - Fran, as you know my daughter nearly lost her beautiful red oriental with this (never really diagnosed) problem.
Wonder why is seems to take the vets a long time to get a handle on it?

Best of luck to you both, and Teddy and Porsha.

Catsey Veteran

04-11-2006, 12:43 PM   #80

Well, Teddy hasn't done anything last night or this morning yet. Which is a good sign in itself, as for the last few weeks he hasn't been off it. I follow him every time he goes out of the living room, poor baby, so I know he definately hasn't done any poos. As soon as I know any different I will let you know (what a wonderful thing to be posting about), but I will probably cry like a baby if it's anywhere near normal.