Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 gorgous mogs
12-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #151

Re: Very worried about Teddy

alex i had problem with jake a few weeks ago he had blood in it but we put it to straining all the time, it did go back to normal poo's a bout a couple of days later, so i would'nt worry about it to much just one of those things.
tracy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
13-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #152

Update time. Teddie was started on the Purina Pro Plan today. The first few times she went to the litter tray were fine, however the last poo she did was a bit on the wet side. Hopefully this is just a little reaction to the new food being introduced. I have put her on this on the vets advice, has anyone else used this food before? If this doesn't work with her, it's back to the drawing board. Good thoughts everyone please!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-11-2006, 08:31 PM   #153

I certainly hope she'll be OK

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-11-2006, 10:27 PM   #154

Are you introducing the food gradually Alex? If not then it could be because of the sudden change of food that has upset the balance again. I know pro plan do a delicate food for sensitive tummies, they also do and after care food for cats that have been poorly. I havent used pro plan myself so dont know too much about it.
Hope She doesnt have any more wet or runny poo though xxx

Catsey Veteran

13-11-2006, 10:33 PM   #155

Yes I'm introducing it EXTREMELY slowly! I gave her exactly what the vets nutritionist said to give her with the istructions to increase it a little bit more tomorrow and so on. However, I don't think I'll increase it tomorrow, just leave her on the same amount she had today. She isn't on the sensitive one, she's on the kitten formula, though I wanted to put her straight onto adult but was advised against it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-11-2006, 10:54 PM   #156

Ofcourse I was forgetting she is still a wee poppet. Maybe as the week goes on her tummy will re-adjust to the food. Fingers crossed for her Alex xxx

Catsey Veteran

15-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #157

Things not looking too good at the moment. She is becoming very runny again. The funny thing is that the poo she does first thing is usually quite good looking, but during the day they go bad again. I'm coming to the conclusion that it is defiantely a dietary issue with her. I will persever with the hills i.d /pro plan mix until friday and see if things improve. If not, it's back to the vets again to speak to the nutritionist again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
15-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #158

Oh Alex, I'm so sorry to hear that Teddy still isn't doing so well. I've got my fingers crossed for her.
Lots of love
Charlie
xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-11-2006, 03:33 PM   #159

I'm sorry to hear this Alex It's just so very frustrating isn't it? I have Porsha ill again, not with the runs but with her rhinitis problem and now her eye has started to play up too. I know exactly how you are feeling - believe me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
15-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #160

Poor Teddie.

Purina pro plan is an excellent food, (reflected in the price )but I do find it is quite rich & can make a lot of kittens loose. Perhaps a more bland diet may be better?