Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
11-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #11

Re: I'm quitting smoking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Starting day one of no smokes in several hours..pray for anyone who crosses my path
I've loaded up on lollipops and gum and am prepared to fight the good fight.
I may not be good company for several days
Wishing you lots of luck and hope you don`t get to grumbly

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #12

You'll get lots of encouragement here, Tink.......... good luck!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
11-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #13

Good luck Tink!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
11-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #14

Hope it is not too bad a day for you. I gave up years ago and can honestly say I now feel so much better for having been through the cravings etc. Be strong, we are all here for support whenever you need it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
11-05-2009, 11:44 PM   #15

Well, I didn't buy the patch or anything so I let myself have one cigarette today. We have some loose tobacco and there was one tube left so I let myself have several puffs from 8am till now so I really stretched it out. I've hidden all the ashtrays and thrown all the butts in the trash so I won't be tempted. I've gone through half a bag of bubble gum though
I'm tired, it was hard to drink as much coffee as I'm used to without smoking. I'm running a little slower today and a little on edge but not as bad as I imagined.
I feel a little guilty about the one cigarette but considering how I usually smoke anywhere from one to three packs a day I guess that's a pretty big improvement.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
12-05-2009, 08:58 AM   #16

Keep looking forward Tink and don't guilt out on the lapses.You have a mighty incentive so keep focused. Think of the positives, more money, better health etc

We'll encourage you in Catsey and there's lots of help in your community too, just ask around! You did a good thing trashing stuff, the cravings will be murder but you have the strength to cope I'm sure best of luck!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
12-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #17

is there any reason why you aren't using patches Tink?..Have never been a moker myself...but know lots who have quit and tried to... and i know that it's hard going... a lot of people i know have said it was a little easier using the patches....
Now that you have made the decision to quit... there are no rules that say you have to do it the hard way... maybe you should investigate some of the aids that can help you.... especially given all the stress you are going through with your OH...you dont want anything derailing your good intentions

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
12-05-2009, 09:24 AM   #18

You have done great Tink, I have never smoked myself but I know from various freinds who have, just how hard it can be to stop, I would certainly say you need to take it one day at a time some days you will probably find it easier than others to cope but it will get easier and you have one big incentive both you and your OH`s health.
Keep up the good work Pauline, Maxi & Maisy Xxx.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
12-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #19

Well done for stopping!
I stopped smoking about 4 months ago, without gum or patches but I did read the Allen Carr book 'easyway for women to stop smoking' which I found really helped get my mind in the right place and it did make it quite easy to be honest, most of the smoking addiction is in the mind!
Keep focused and remind yourself that you've made the right choice to stop, it doesn't take long before it will feel normal to not smoke.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-05-2009, 11:31 AM   #20

You shouldn't feel guilty about one cigarette Tink! Don't beat yourself up. You need to focus on something very positive about giving up - and that's a personal motivational thing. Mine was the look on the face of the practice nurse at my surgery when I told her I'd stopped - her face lit up, she was so pleased for me. Every time I wanted a smoke, I thought of her smiling face and found the encouragement I needed in that thought.

Good luck - I'm cheering for you!