Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
28-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #21

Re: Swine Flu . . . DM?

Hubby and I wander round thehouse singing "Swine Fever, Swine Fever", a la Bee Gees
We're fine thanks - the sniffles soon went (more to do with an oveheated cabin and a lack of sleep methinks) and all is well.

Re Swine Flu in general. Although in my most gloomy moments I do think there will be some sort of pandemic to decimate world population (which, in the abstract would probably be a good thing, or not a bad thing) this doesn't sound like what I know about the 1918 pandemic (which killed more people worldwide than WW1). Then, fit young people were arriving at work feeling fine at 8am and dying by noon. No time for snivelling or hospital admissions.
Fingers crossed that this is a something or nothing. Apparently 25s to 45s would be hardest hit. I don't want anything to happen to my children and I like all you people - who would I talk to??????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #22

DM, I just love how you manage to take the gravity out of situations, and leave us all with a smile on our face. Glad you and OH are feeling better (and I just know I'm going to be singing 'swine fever' all day now!!)

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
28-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #23

Yes DM...thanks for popping that annoying rendition into my head...i will have to work hard to get rid of it..
I sent an email aboutthis whole situation to some friends in the USA today and mentioned Swine Fever...but my typing was a little too quick and i didn't hit the "S" quite hard enough and it came out as Wine Fever.....so that's what we are calling it here...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
28-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #24

We are going back to Mexico in August - hopefully all will be clear by then, my thoughts are with everyone and the people of Mexico.

Julie x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #25

Early days yet but it already looks as though it's spreading across the continents

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8021547.stm