Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
18-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #1

Realy bad news

My OH had some realy distressing news last night. We was watching the local news and she found out that her brother had died. For reasons which is not her fault she doesnt talk to her family. She did flip a bit last night and is now in hospital but hopefuly coming home today. Of course she wants to go to the funeral but i found out earlier that it has already been held yesterday infact. I dont know if i shoud tell her straight away or leave it a few days. Its come as a real blow to her as she brought him up. I just dont no what to say.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-04-2009, 02:10 PM   #2

Re: Realy bad news

How very sad Jane. IMO it would be best to tell her straight away that the funeral has already taken place, but you know best how she would handle this info emotionally.

I am sorry - family breakups for whatever reason are never easy to deal with.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #3

A sad situation, isn't it?
She has been hurt enough by being kept from the truth - it will be painful but I think you should tell as soon as you can. Sorry

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #4

My sincerest sympathies to your OH Jane. I can't imagine the effect of finding out like that. i would probably get the news over and done with as quickly as possible, otherwise you could become the target for her anger by witholding your info, but as angie says, you know her best. I wish you both well, as I'm sure the coming weeks will be rather difficult ((hugs))xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
18-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #5

How awful for her. I agree that probably best to tell her now. Families sometimes do terrible things to each other, at least she has you there to give her support.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #6

What a dreadful way for her to find out!!! I agree it's better in the long run that you tell her now; it'll be upsetting but worse when she finds out you knew and didn't tell her. How very sad for her, and for you too...(((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
18-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #7

How incredibly sad, so sorry xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-04-2009, 09:24 PM   #8

What a dreadful way to find out - Jane, I'm very sorry your OH's had to suffer this. I'd agree with the others - stand by her and be completely truthful with her. She'll not thank you for keeping things back at a time like this.