Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #11

Re: Darcy & Stravinsky

Oh Meep, I am so very sorry to hear your news. How could we think badly of you, we know only too well how difficult it is to find pet friendly accomodation.
So sad indeed all round, but you all need to look forward now and not back.
All my love and best wishes xxx

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
17-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #12

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words; both about my relationship, and my boys.

Angie, I'm so happy to hear you have Kizzy cat and hope she's settling in well It's so nice to hear you have a few of the boys' photos on your screensaver, I've got so many to look through myself and smile over. May even post a few more videos up if I get the chance.

DM, I do agree that I feel as if I've done the right thing. Keeping them alone, trying to find a flat that would take them, would only create more stress and I would probably not have enough time or money to give them the affection and quality of life they deserve.

Elaine, thanks for your kind words; I was worried that people would see me as immature for taking on the boys and only having them for a year. Like I said, it wasn't planned that it would work out this way.

The CP lady said she could send photos of them once they'd settled into their new home which I'll be really pleased to see. Part of me regrets not being there when they get to go outside for the first time but I know they'll be having the time of their lives.

I'll definately be back on Catsey, but am currently still going through a lot with moving out and the whole relationship situation. I hope everyone is well though and sorry for neglecting you all!

OH DM I just read a minute ago that Chester is back That really brightened my day, I am really so happy for you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #13

Not at all meep, none of us know what awaits just around the corner and it was always very clear just how much you love those boys. You take care and dont be a stranger. I am sure the boys will love their new home and I wish them both well xxx.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #14

I'm so so sorry, I know you're devastated at losing the boys; unfortunately you're in a situation that really left you no other choice. You gave them a wonderful life while they were with you, they couldn't have asked for a better mum!! Please do come on to chat when you can, you know you have friends here who would miss you if you didn't. Please take care of yourself, (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-04-2009, 11:52 PM   #15

Just a thought (I've been meaning to post it all day but haven't had time), have you considered making notes about the boys' likes and dislikes; about their personalities and how you feel they would best be introduced to new things . . . just so their new owners would have something to work with? I presume they will be rehomed together . . . ?

Almost a Veteran Member

20-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #16

Just a wee update: the boys have been rehomed to a family with children in the suburbs so they'll have outdoor access in 6 - 8 weeks if they want it. I'm sure they're going to be really happy. The love being surrounded by people, so a family will suit them down to their whiskers and paws, and I can imagine Stravinsky especially being a master hunter.

It does feel strange not to have them but I really am happy to hear they've found a new home so soon.

Eileen, thanks for your message. I will be back on Catsey as I do feel I've made some wonderful friends here, brought together but not solely based on our feline friends! And Yola, good thinking and great minds think alike. I had already written a long list to give to the CP Lady when she came to get them of their individual likes and dislikes. I also gave her the few unopened bags of treats I'd bought them so hopefully the new owners are making them very happy with those.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #17

I am so pleased to hear that Darcy and Stravinsky have both been rehomed together so quickly. I am sure they will be the perfect pets for a nice family and with outdoor access too. ((((HUGS))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #18

Great news! I'm delighted there's off together and also that their new home sounds so perfect for them. It must be a huge weight off your mind to know it's all worked out so well and so quickly.

Almost a Veteran Member

20-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #19

Absolutely, I knew the CP would home them together as when we took them on it specifically said "must be homed as a pair with..." I've never seen them with kids but as long as they aren't too rough, they'll be really friendly I'm sure. Darcy will be in seventh heaven if he's picked up and petted all day long.

Thanks again for your messages everyone, it really means a lot.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #20

It does seem as if the boys have found an excellent home, that must help you a lot knowing that they'll get the love and attention they're used to. Thanks for the update, and do keep in tough, Meep!