Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #11

Re: Been bitten

Forgot to say I agree with Angie's OH.... gin!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
13-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #12

Yes, I'm afraid you'll have to amputate
But really, the only times I've been affected that badly by a bite was when it was a spider. It swelled up like a boil..yuck.
You don't have ticks in your area, do you? Ticks can cause nasty reactions as well.
I agree with the gin...but I'd also like to add chocolate cake. Yes, that should fix it. And some cookies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #13

I've still got some chocolate cake left! You'd be welcome to have some - only promise it wasn't a s****r bite - can't think about that - probably not in Bonnie Scotland?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-04-2009, 11:21 PM   #14

I dont think it would have been a spider. Like the gin and chocolate cake idea
Its still very red, itchy and swollen. Think I am becoming paranoid about it now as my shoulder and wrist ache but not sure if thay actually ache or if it's all in the mind, if you know what I mean. Cannt see any red tracking, so cannt have been poisoned.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-04-2009, 09:48 AM   #15

Poor you Elaine. I react badly to gnat bites - end up with golf-ball sized lumps on me The sting relief pen thing is brilliant - if you apply it as soon as the bite appears it really lessens the reaction. Smells heavily of ammonia though - sends my cats into a frenzy for some reason

Quick question for Angie - would the neat gin be for Elaine or for poor G as a post-poison mouthwash

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Poor you Elaine. I react badly to gnat bites - end up with golf-ball sized lumps on me The sting relief pen thing is brilliant - if you apply it as soon as the bite appears it really lessens the reaction. Smells heavily of ammonia though - sends my cats into a frenzy for some reason

Quick question for Angie - would the neat gin be for Elaine or for poor G as a post-poison mouthwash
I'm in a generous mood, they can both have some!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-04-2009, 04:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola

Yola, I react that way to mosquito bites, and I wouldn't be without the pen! It really does help amazingly; Elaine, do get one if only for future use!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #18

A quick home remedy for mossie (and hopefully other stinging insects) bites is to rub some toothpaste on it .......it will soon relieve the itching. I'm a target for mossies when we go on holiday and that tip was given to me by someone in Barbados. Dabbing vinegar on the sting will also help.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
14-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #19

Wow - the unknown properties of toothpaste - I was told to use it to get a coffee stain out of a cream shirt (worked well), since been told it is good for most stains on light coloured fabrics.

How is the sting/bite today Elaine?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #20

Thanx every one, especially for the gin
The redness and swelling has gone down tremendously after i loaded sudacream onto them over night. Still itchy so am applying the cream as and when it starts.
Will defo be investing in the pen thing, so thanx for that too.
No need for amputation after all