Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
17-02-2009, 10:23 PM   #1

chiropractor

Can you remember me telling you about Lucys neck pain & we were getting no help from the NHS so we went to a chiropractor who immediately diagnosed the problem and treated her. She is now fine.

Well my Dad has been having back pain for some time now, but the last 6 months it has got so bad he can't get about and it's making him miserable.... I've convinced him to visit "Dr Bones" and I took him there yesterday, he has diagnosed my Dads problem, and has told him he can treat him-Dad had his first treatment session today. It will take a few sessions before Dad feels the benefit, but I can't believe what an amazing profession it is. I've researched it a lot since Lucy's problem.

I am also liasing with my local primary care trust / GP / NHS regarding help with funding....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #2

Re: chiropractor

What was the actual cause of Lucy's neck pain Smudgley? Just wondered why the doc or physio didn't pick it up

Catsey Veteran

17-02-2009, 10:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
What was the actual cause of Lucy's neck pain Smudgley? Just wondered why the doc or physio didn't pick it up
She had a veratabrae in her lower neck that was stuck and not moving causing the pain, luckily no nerve damage..... why did the Dr's not pick it up is what I want to know too....... which is why I am in the process of a complaint etc..........

The GP has told my dad there's nothing wrong with his back except wear/tear.... he has in fact got a trapped nerve & disc damage

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
17-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #4

Chiropracters seem to be great at finding things like trapped nerves etc.

Guy I work with goes every now and then for a top up as he calls it. Says he wouldn't do without it.

Glad it resolved Lucys problem and here's hoping your Dad feels the benefit too.

Is the chiropractor able to support your complaint? Sometimes they don't want to get involved.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #5

I believe in chiropractic and osteopathy. The individuals are experts whereas GPs are, and only meant to be "general" - why they don't refer on more regularly, I don't know but I guess it's a funding issue.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-02-2009, 10:43 PM   #6

It doesn't give you a lot of faith in our doctors, does it?

So pleased that Lucy's pain has been cured and fingers crossed he will be able to do the same with your Dad....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-02-2009, 10:45 PM   #7

Delighted to hear about Lucy; hope "Dr. Bones" can work wonders for your Dad too.

Catsey Veteran

17-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Chiropracters seem to be great at finding things like trapped nerves etc.

Guy I work with goes every now and then for a top up as he calls it. Says he wouldn't do without it.

Glad it resolved Lucys problem and here's hoping your Dad feels the benefit too.

Is the chiropractor able to support your complaint? Sometimes they don't want to get involved.
To be honest, initially I contacted the PCT for advise & as we chatted about the history of the problem, they urged me to make a complaint to my GP, but I couldn't be bothered... so the PCT then called me and asked if THEY could write a letter of complaint to my GP on my behalf, but needed my permission to which I agreed. Then the funding was a seperate issue I raised to ask why there ws no NHS help for a child to see a chiropractor..... and on it went. the chiropractor has been extremely supportive, not pushy, just said if I need anything or any specific terminology to let him know. He said if I get funding it will be a real breakthrough, not only in this area but Nationwide as there has only ever been one person to get Chiropractic treatment funded by the NHS and that was in Mancheser...... so who knows.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
17-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
To be honest, initially I contacted the PCT for advise & as we chatted about the history of the problem, they urged me to make a complaint to my GP, but I couldn't be bothered... so the PCT then called me and asked if THEY could write a letter of complaint to my GP on my behalf, but needed my permission to which I agreed. Then the funding was a seperate issue I raised to ask why there ws no NHS help for a child to see a chiropractor..... and on it went. the chiropractor has been extremely supportive, not pushy, just said if I need anything or any specific terminology to let him know. He said if I get funding it will be a real breakthrough, not only in this area but Nationwide as there has only ever been one person to get Chiropractic treatment funded by the NHS and that was in Mancheser...... so who knows.
That just seems so silly given the great job that they do - not only in rehab but in prevention as well. Hope it goes well, good luck.

Catsey Veteran

17-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #10

Thanks.
I feel quite sad that they are classed as alternative therapists when they do such great work. My friend used to have the most terrible headaches & she got sorted with a chiropractor, she tod me to take Lucy, I'm so glad she did.