Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
14-02-2009, 08:09 PM   #11

Re: Jane Goody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
No matter what a person's personal thoughts are of her, no one should go through what she is going through right now.
I absolutely agree Mags. A human life is life whoever it is.

I don't blame her for trying to get as much money as she can out of the situaiton, it won't be for her, it will be for her children, this is a selfless act as it can't be easy for her.

I hope she can be brave and enjoy whatever time she has left.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
15-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #12

why r they still showing her programme on thursday nite????? surely its not appropriate now its known she's not gonna live

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
15-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki71uk
why r they still showing her programme on thursday nite????? surely its not appropriate now its known she's not gonna live
I disagree, I think it is still apropriate to highlight the importance of regular screaning of cervical cancer for any woman of any age.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki71uk
Why? Money. The viewership will undoubtedly be up now .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #15

Jade Goody is by no means perfect. She has exploited the media in direct proportion to how it has exploited her. I am not in any way a fan of hers but I do have a bit of an admiration (and maybe morbid fascination) for her and the was she has chosen to live.

I was quite upset when I heard her initial diagnosis and genuinly upset when I read that it was now terminal. Having 2 small boys myself I can only begin to imagine what she must be experiencing.

I think she is very brave to have her last months televised - it's her choice. She's doing it to raise awareness for Cervical screening (something I have my life to thank for - if I hadn't had the test some years back I probably wouldn't be here now) and raising additional money to support her little boys when she's not here.

I take my hat off to her and may she find the strength to face the inevitable

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
15-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #16

I cant begin to imagin what she's goin through, must be so tough for her knowing she's not gonna be here next year!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
15-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #17

I am not a huge Jade fan, but cannot help but feel for her and her family at this time.

Anything she can do to raise awareness can only be a good thing for women. I understand that she wants to raise as much finance for her kids as she can and perhaps the media frenzy is, in a way, helping her to cope.

One can only imagine how awful it must be for her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
16-02-2009, 12:06 AM   #18

It breaks my heart to hear of things like this happening to people, I could not and would not like to think of all the pain, anger, despair and worry for her children that is going through her head, she must be in peices.
It must be so devastating for her whole family espeicially her children , hope that she gets to spend as much time with them as is possible for her, it is so sad