Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
10-02-2009, 01:21 AM   #11

Re: Slimming Club Week 5

found it

http://www.vidaamericana.com/english/sizechart.html

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-02-2009, 03:07 AM   #12

Eeeek! My UK size is larger than my US size! I feel short, fat and dumpy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
10-02-2009, 03:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Eeeek! My UK size is larger than my US size! I feel short, fat and dumpy!

Same here!!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
06-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #14

Could I suggest something that I found has worked for me. I've no personally been 'slimming', just trying to get fitter and more active.

This time last year I would go to the gym 4 times a week, doing aerobic exercise and classes (step, boxfit, hi-lo aerobics etc.)

Now I do 2 classes of muscle tone a week, and one core balls. These are not aerobic and don't really create that same breathless feeling or sweatiness; but they have done me the world of good! I know only do 2 days aerobic and 3 days muscle training (take a day between muscle training, so I do Mon, Wed, Fri, and be sure to take two full days off for recovery!) And, unintentionally, I've lost more body fat that I ever did doing 5 days cardio.

The more muscle you have, the more fat you'll burn. And muscle gives shape and tones. I also eat scrambled egg and toast for breakfast every morning which I find really fills me up, and helps repair the muscle after workouts.

Also, eating more often in smaller portions will keep your metabolism going faster and again help burn more fat.

I just wanted to share this as I was amazed at how much fat I've lost and how much muscle definition I've gained by dropping down cardio (although still keeping it in there!) and introducing one hour of weights training 3 days a week. I go to a muscle tone class, rather than a weights room; the instructors and fantastic!