Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
07-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #1

Friday Daily

Morning all.

Minus 6c here but sunny. Our road is a sheet of ice. Bit scarey going downhill.

Well, I've done the deed and dropped the girls off at vet for their spay. I have to call at 2pm to see how they are which would be fine if they didn't add 'unless we call you first' *fist in mouth to stifle scream*. Since my friends cat died when being spayed (20 years ago) I still don't cope well with any of my animals having anaesthesia.

Anyway - going to ikea near Edinburgh today which will take me a while to drive there. Meeting a friend from Fife for a chat and some lunch. Going to buy a cheap CD tower to put in the hall cupboard for all those - don't listen to a lot but want to keep CD's. Leaving about 10 and will be home late afternoon. Hope the snow stays off.

Have a good day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
07-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #2

Re: Friday Daily

Morning CM and all to come.

Sorry to hear about how your friend lost her cat at spaying time... It does make it all so much scarier when something like that happens.

Hope you enjoy the trip to Ikea - and meeting up with your friend. Sending hugs and waves across the river forth for you.

Please let us know how they are when you get the chance.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #3

Morning CM, Squirrel. I am sure Izzy and Breagh will be fine, your worry is of course understandable and most of us have been there. Good idea to be out and about but mind those icy roads! (((HUGS)))

Gloomy and overcast here, spits and spots of rain but mild 10C here atm.

Researching pc keyboards today. Fed up with short lived stuff that may be cheap but the keys wear off rather quickly. Not a problem so much for me as for OH. The whole product range is a minefield! I may put a plea for any recommendations in the right place.

Laundry day here and MIL and I have chiropodist visit later this morning.

Have a good day everyone. Will pop back later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #4

Another slightly quieter day on the work front so have dome some tidying and other bits and bobs. It's raining non-stop here and all cats are firmly asleep. Boys are glued to the TV and I'm on and off the PC as emails come in.

Our accountant is here shortly to go through some of the fall-out of the business failure and also advise on how we move forward through the minefield of legal and administrative bits we need to get done.

Hopefully after that we will pop out and look at a car - with the lease car going back I now need to buy something as the hire car I have is costing a fortune! We're looking at older CLK (Merc) convertibles at the moment. A lot of car for your money!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
07-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #5

Any news on how your two girlies are doing yet CM?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #6

We were out at a coffee morning today, a sort of New Year meet with some of MrH's former colleagues and wives. I had 2 biscuits, one even had chocolate on it! the first naughty food I've had since my gall bladder attack on 28th Dec. but I didn't want to push my luck too much so I declined the other goodies available and had a very healthy tomato salad sandwich for lunch later on no dressing, no fat very dull.

Of course the Royal Mail tried to deliver a parcel while we were out and we can't go to the depot to collect it until tomorrow as their hours are 8.00-13.00 and it was just after 1pm when we returned. MrH has just gone out to the library as he had a reminder email from them about some CDs that were due back before tomorrow and it's started raining again so he's not too happy about having to go out. We've had so much rain here in the last 48 hours, good job it wasn't snow!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #7

Hi all. Snow flurries overnight are long gone, nothing stuck; it's cloudy and quite chilly, minus 2 (29 F) now, rather gloomy and sepressing; next 5 days are forecast to be below normal. Bah! Another lie-in day and pottering.

CM, awaiting word about the girls: we always worry about anaesthetic ,,,, especially as your friend had that bad experience, and I'm sure the older members recall Kazz' Tess... MrsH, can you not renew overdue items on line at the library? I've done so occasionally when the weather made it unpleasant to have to go there. Yola, good luck finding a new car to suit., and to you with a keyboard, Angie. I still have the one that came with the computer years ago ... I have a plastic keyboard cover ... (acually am on my third one!) that keeps it safe from mishaps.

Hope it's a good day for all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #8

Hello everyone,
CM hope Izzy and Breagh have gone on ok at the vets and recover quickly.
Yola hope you got things sorted with the accountant.
MrsH your coffee morning sounded nice, i'm glad you got away with the biscuits
Eileen , we too have had a flurry of snow, it hasn't stuck.
Angie hope you have found a suitable keyboard.
Kate, hello
Been to work this morning then visited my friend, took down her deccies as she was unable to do it herself.
We have some good news, will make a seperate thread

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
07-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #9

Hi all. Well - girls are through their op and are fine.

However, Izzi's pre anaesthesia bloods showed a high globulin level. Vet is nearly sure it is down to dehydration but he put her on a drip and has kept her overnight He has said he'll keep Breagh in too - I've not to worry and will pick them up tomorrow after 11am as he wants to repeat the bloods.

Of course, I had to do a google and am so pleased the vet is sure it's dehydration rather than liver/kidney etc.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #10

Glad all has gone well but concerned about the dehydration, but then I suppose pre-op you had to withdraw water as well as food?