Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
07-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #1

Past cats... Picturefest.

It occurred to me that I have a boatload of pictures of past cats, and that I've never shown you them!

This is Fred - he was my brother's cat, and after my brother died he bonded to me. And yes, he was a chunky fellow!

While we had Fred, we got Jake. He was the softest cat I have ever encountered - so silky! Fred and Jake got on marvellously, even though (or perhaps because!) Jake was a complete kleptomaniac

I moved to America when I was 18 and soon Dishrag came into my life:

He was a complete people cat. He'd been thrown out of a car as a kitten, and a lady saw it happen and nursed him back to health. Unfortunately she also worked overtime a lot and felt he was too lonely, so she gave him to us He used to come running whenever I sounded scared or sad, to make sure I was ok.

While we lived in the house we got Dishrag in, our friend had this litter and we intended to get one of the kits:

The mummy cat was really small, her name was Where Kitty? because when she was born her mother had had her under the house and the owner couldn't find her, so she had to follow the sound of mewling and call "Wheeeeeere kitty?" a lot to make the kitten meow

At first, we were going to get this one, we'd named him Gandalf:

Unfortunately, one of the past cats in that house had died of distemper, and apparently it can hang around for a long time. Gandalf and his tortie sister were the first to go

All of the kittens got sick, and only 3 of them survived:

Yes, DM, I know! We were going to get the one on the left, who was always a bit pinker than his brothers (one of whom always did this:

which made me really paranoid about putting my feet in my boots!) but unfortunately he escaped from the house and was hit by a car in the driveway

The other two were spoken for (one stayed there, the other went to the owner's son), so we came away with no kittens. We also moved to a new house, to save my ex's parents from gambling-induced bankruptcy.

This is my ex-mother-in-law's cat, Samwise Gamgee Moonglow ()

It's not a very good picture, but the only better one I have has her in it as well, and I don't think I have her permission to post it as she hates me

Unfortunately, she never allowed Sam and Dishrag to sort out their pecking order - whenever Dishrag got the upper hand in a scrap she started hitting him and he decided never to fight with Sam again unless Sam displayed aggressive behaviour towards my son (in which case a black ball of fury came roiling out of our bedroom, consuming everything in its path!).

When they moved out (big relief) we adopted Manfish (the name's a long story, don't ask) from some people who abused her and then wondered why she was quiet and withdrawn

She was positively tiny, but got along with Dishrag really well - he used to run through the lounge so she could jump onto his back and ride him and they both loved it

Unfortunately I had to leave them when I left America My ex kicked Manfish out when she became ill, because he didn't want to pay a vet bill. Luckily his brother's moved in with him since and has promised me he'll make absolutely sure nothing like that will happen to my Dishie.

When I lived in Scotland, I ended up nicking Rajah:

She had been neglected to the point where she wouldn't've survived another week in the cold. I nursed her back to health before having to give her up to the Cats' Protection because I wasn't allowed to have pets, but at least she had a better chance at making it...

Hope you enjoyed

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
07-04-2006, 09:33 PM   #2

Re: Past cats... Picturefest.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww what a lovely family of kitties x x x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-04-2006, 09:37 PM   #3

Beautiful picture....Gorgeous kits!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-04-2006, 09:48 PM   #4

Lovely kitties.....interesting but sad story

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-04-2006, 10:21 PM   #5

What a lot of cats Snoof. Lovely piccies but some bittersweet memories

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-04-2006, 08:17 AM   #6

awww what lovely pictures!!

I ahve only ever been a slave to six cats. BUt I love them to bits.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
08-04-2006, 07:54 PM   #7

Great photos Snoof. Sad and happy memories there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #8

Lovely pics