Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
07-08-2023, 04:53 AM   #1

Monday daily.

Good morning ladies,
Monday 3:15pm here and it's been a reasonable day ,but getting colder now and very dull out. It's meant to rain tonight but not heavily. I managed to get some washing out early this morning while it was sunny and it got dry ,which always makes me happy. Janna and i have been trying to install this new modem. We got the phones going OK ,but the modem is quite different to our old one and the new plugs don't fit. Jared had a look as well, but says that the cords sent with it are the wrong ones. I've rung Spark and they are going to send out a technician to install it ,free of charge. When, I don't know, but I hope it's soon, as the plan I'm on now is going to be stopped shortly, meaning I will no longer have a landline or a computer.

Oren came and spent the weekend with me again. Unfortunately, he gets very upset when it's time to go home again. I find him no trouble at all, but then it's very quiet here. Noise really disturbs him. my cousin came round on Saturday as well and FINALLY picked up her birthday gifts.. She's been ringing up raving about how good the Pure cleaning products are ,and wants me to get her some more. I've been using them for years and know they're good, but this is her first experience with them. At least I now know what to get her for xmas. Oren wouldn't speak to her at all ,sadly and she was very critical of him (and has been ever since !!!).

I had a second session with my grief counsellor this morning and we went for a walk down to the river where I used to walk Willow. We talked and i found that I could actually speak about Willie, Dickens and others I have lost without starting to cry. it felt good. I've got to record my feelings daily in a diary and she's given me a couple more coping strategies to work on for the rest of the week. I'm certainly feeling so much better and much more positive about the future.

Chicken bacon, scrambled eggs and oven fries for tea tonight. I'm trying not to eat between meals, as i was almost constantly eating junk food and that doesn't help my knees. I was just doing it because i was feeling down about everything, but I'm trying to stop it now.

PAMELA, I'm so sorry that you have managed to catch covid again. I hope that you spent the weekend just resting and you'll probably be off work for a few days now, so you'll be able to relax. Let's hope that you don't get it badly,but please Pamela, if it does get bad, do take the anti-virals that lessen its impact. I hope poor Steven doesn't get it as well, although it is pretty catching. I'm thrilled that Robyn is continuing to do so well, and that Mia got a clean bill of health from the vet That's a load off your mind. Now you just take it easy ,stay warm and relax for a bit. I hope you start to feel a lot better soon.

Shelley,, fancy seeing an adder lying in the sun the other day. I'm assuming they're poisonous so thank goodness the pups didn't attack it or you didn't stand on it. I hope you had a lovely meal out the other night. You always spend money when you're on a holiday, but that's what holidays are all about. You've got to splurge out and make the most of your time away, even though food is so expensive. I hope , too, that both you and Chris enjoyed the match on TV . You'll be looking forward to James and Hannah arriving tomorrow and it'll be nice for Chris to have his brother there. Has your cousin arrived yet ? Let's hope you're getting a bit of decent weather now and have been able to get in the sea.

Well ladies, I'm off to do a few lunch dishes and tidy up the bench. Janna wasn't working today but starts again tomorrow 5:30pm-2am. Oh cripes, how I hate it. !!! Still I've got to be brave and i do have my ferocious, man-eating cats to look after me. !!!!!

Have a great Tuesday Pamela and Shelley . Hope you feel a bit better today, Pamela, and Shelley, enjoy your time with James and Hannah.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-08-2023, 07:39 PM   #2

Re: Monday daily.

Hello ladies, been a quiet day her, the sun has been in and out.
Yesterday Chris and myself managedcto get in the sea with the body boards, also had a swim.
In the evening we jad another nice meal at tge restaurant.
Dinky, hope you get tge modem sorted.
Sounds like your cousin doesnt understand Oren at all, difficult.
Pamela, how are you feeling, im assuming you are off work at the moment.