Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
18-10-2005, 08:38 PM   #1

Violent attacks

I would like to tell you about something that happend to me. Tom's story has brought it up again.
Last year, my friends family had a surprise 40th for her. We left the party at about 12pm. With us were myself, partner. Her husband and two daughters, one was on crutches as she had a broken leg. Both were under 13.
Anyway we were attacked by a group of youths. FOR NO REASON exept her hubby is over 6ft and a good challange. How sad is that?
All were caught on CCTV and we are awaiting trial. All have been charged with attempted murder and are going to the high court in Edinburgh.
The really sad thing is the youngest at the time was only 14!!! What in Gods name are the parents doing???
Seemingly this group nearly kicked a homeless man to death (for fun) and that's what they did on a Sat night.
I was thrown infront of a car and kicked in the head a few times, but I came off lightly compaired to the rest.
Fortunatly something kicked in and I hid the girls first.
What is this place coming too????
It's not just the poor cats and dogs it's us too

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
18-10-2005, 09:36 PM   #2

Re: Violent attacks

That is just awful!!! That must be a very hard thing to recover from!! If it is possible to do so at all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
18-10-2005, 09:47 PM   #3

Awww thats awful it really gets you down dosn't it and all the news in the papers it really is sad Glad you are ok Jac

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
19-10-2005, 09:35 AM   #4

That is terrible - what a world we live in. I can't begin to imagine what you and your family went through or the after effects. My heart goes out to you. Thank goodness for cctv - these people must be brought to justice.

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2005, 10:48 AM   #5

the thing is........ you think you have got over it then something triggers it again. I suppose a year isnt really long enough.
Hopefully we wont have to attend the trail. If they plead guilty we wont have to go. The proculator fiscal said that the evidence is so strong that they would be mad not to plead guilty.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
21-10-2005, 11:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
the thing is........ you think you have got over it then something triggers it again. I suppose a year isnt really long enough.
Hopefully we wont have to attend the trail. If they plead guilty we wont have to go. The proculator fiscal said that the evidence is so strong that they would be mad not to plead guilty.
I am really sorry to hear how you have been made to feel. And I do hope rightful justice is brought to these thugs, they need stopping.

Catsey Veteran

30-10-2005, 04:57 PM   #7

Update
Got a phone call from the police, we have to attend an ID parade on Friday the 4th Nov. Not looking forward to it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
30-10-2005, 05:07 PM   #8

Awww Jac it will be fine.... I hope it all goes well for ..best wishes

Tom xx

Catsey Veteran

30-10-2005, 05:08 PM   #9

Thanks Tom..

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Black & White
30-10-2005, 09:26 PM   #10

Jac, You will be fine.... I just hope that the judge gives them a sentence that they deserve..

Keep your chin up and good luck for friday...sending hugs to you.....