Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
18-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #1

Bernie

There hasnt really been anything to update until now. Bernie still ambling along, need to get him in for a check up soon though. His eyes are still bright, he still likes a fuss and a play, is still a bit faddy with food.
Last night though he was sitting on my lap for a cuddle, as he does. He does this thing where you hold your finger infront of him and he licks it and you in turn wash his ears for him with the licked finger. How ever last night while we were doing this he very suddenly became aggressive and really bit my finger . Bernie has NEVER bitten, his face was a picture of anger. He then began to wash Raynes ear, which again is something he often does, when suddenly he bit that too .
Not sure what's going on with that tbh but will mention it to the vet when we go.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #2

Re: Bernie

So sorry to hear about Bernie's change in behaviour Elaine. I would guess something's happening to his brain chemistry. Hope the vet can shed some light - it's very sad when he's been such a gentle boy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
18-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #3

Could he be in discomfort?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
18-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #4

Hope the Vet can shed some light on the problem! Both ours will purr and play for a while then bite or dig their claws in, but i think it's when they get a bit excited!!

Catsey Veteran

18-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #5

He's booked in for next week, will monitor his behaviour until then, it may be just a one off but it's very unlike Bernie.
Velvet, it's really hard to tell if he is in discomfort but it was my first thought. I'm fairly sure that the tumour is growing as I can now feel something odd when I pick him up.
JMPark, Bernie has never been one for the play attacks on hands or feet, he has always been an extremely gentle cat.
I'll let you know what happens once the vet has checked him over.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #6

Hope it was just a one off, Elaine

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
19-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #7

Bernie bitingthats totally not Bernie, he is the softest lump , never met such a sooky boy...Think you are right to have the vet check him Lainey...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #8

Sorry to hear that Elaine. It's horrible when their personalities start to alter. This happened with Fifi as her illness progressed too, all you can do is be there for them and give them all the love they need. xx

Catsey Veteran

22-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #9

Thanx all, so far I am happy to report that there have been no further incidents of Bernie biting any one, he has been too busy stealing milk the last few days
He has a check up on Wed' eve', so will let you know how it goes.
By and large he has done remarkably well when you consider the prognosis well over a year ago.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #10

Maybe he was just in one of those moods.....I have to admit I could bite people at times. You never know....but worth keeping an eye on Elaine, with Cleo odd things happened that I could have dismissed but put together they told me she was more confused than she appeared on the surface.

Hope the house stays bite free. And yes Bernie is doing very well, I was worried over his diagnosis.