Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggy Toms and a Princess
06-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #1

4 Cats All Poorly

Hi, i would like some advice as i have a multi cat household and 4 cats all with a cold (mild cat flu ?) - i am taking them to the vets and the two youngest (George and Heidi) have eyedrops for very sore eyes, the two older cats (MAx and Oli) are sneezing and wheezing - all down in the dumps.

One question, as the have all caught the virus together, once they recover, will it go away or will it keep going round the household - I want this all to be over, and understand it will take about 2 to 3 weeks.

Thanks

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #2

Re: 4 Cats All Poorly

So sorry to hear that all your cats are poorly - how very worrying for you. I can't really comment on whether the virus is in the house - viruses by their nature have to die out themselves. Did your vet give any advise? Do you know if it's a problem in the area the vet practice covers?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
06-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #3

2 of my 4 have got cat flu at the moment.
My vet said there is a 7-10 day incubation period, but if they get the sypmtoms to bet them on baytril, and they will be fine as they have been vaccinated against the 'killer' flus.

Catsey Junior

06-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #4

Hi, we've been to the vets and it s respiratory infection, so they all will have an antibiotic injection to last 2 weeks and anti inflammatories. It's horrid seeing them all so ill and I hope this helps them get back to their normal selves soon.

Good news, once they have recovered it shouldn't come back, just need to get through the next week.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
07-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #5

Ask the vet for some Bisolven can be popped in their water bowl or in to catmilk helps with the snuffles

Catsey Junior

08-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #6

Hi, we now have Bisolvin for all and all are on antibiotics and steroids. The vets are puzzled how a fully vaccinated household can be infected like we are.

Fingers crossed all get better over the next few days.

thanks for you advice

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
08-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by northern lass
Hi, we now have Bisolvin for all and all are on antibiotics and steroids. The vets are puzzled how a fully vaccinated household can be infected like we are.

Fingers crossed all get better over the next few days.

thanks for you advice

All mine are vaccinated, but my vet told me that it's the same as our colds and flu....as tere are so many different types, they are vaccinated against the 'killer' ones, so they can still catch others.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #8

Poor little pusscats - I hope they all start on the road to recovery very soon.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
09-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #9

Hope all is getting better Northern Lass? Nothing worse than them getting ill, you feel so helpless!! Fingers crossed and lots of "well" vibes from Joy and Beau!!

Catsey Junior

09-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #10

Thank you, It looks like we have now turned a corner, all are perkier (even George) if still snuffily.

One more trip to the vets on Thursday to check progress, I am getting a bit sick of the place