Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #51

Re: Joy A Little Poorly

Fingers crossed for some answers from the tests JMP. Calming vibes being sent for Joy. It's good news that she's still eating and drinking OK.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
18-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #52

Just had a call from the Vets to say almost all the results are in and they can find nothing wrong in either the Urine or Blood samples so far, except a little bit of crystal, but no more than what they expected to find. The Vet says that there is a little crystal in all cats urine and the amount is well within what should be there. He has just told me to get her weight down and keep the Feliway plugged in. He (the Vet), is going away for a couple of weeks and will then see Joy again when he gets back. He has left instructions of what to do if Joy gets worse. So it looks like a "wait and see" scenario!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #53

Hope things improve with your mystery cat, it's great that she's eating and drinking normaly

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
18-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #54

Good news x glad she is ok - hugs from
Us xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #55

glad to hear the good news

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #56

Glad to hear nothing unusual has been found in Joy's tests. Hope she settles and gets better.

I wonder if there is any homoeopathic remedies you could use? Or Bach Flower Remedy - you could "have a Google" and see if you can narrow the appropriate remedy through your observations of Joy.

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
23-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #57

Just to let everyone know that Joy seems to be well on the mend and is toileting a lot better know. The vet has told us that she is about 3/4 to 1kg over weight. She is about 5.2kg and he says that she should be abou 4.25 to 4.5 kg. He said that this could be part of the reason and we need to get her weight down, We are now putting her on the Hills i/d diet prescription "hard" and "wet" food for a few months and keeping strictly to the "measures" recommended on the packet!! Joy really doesn't look fat, but I have to go with what the vet recommends.

Does this beautiful cat look fat??

Catsey Veteran

23-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #58

She's just so gorgeous JMP, I'm very glad to hear she's on the mend. I'd have to come and give her a good thorough cuddle and smooth before offering an opinion as to whether she's overweight or not ..........

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
23-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
She's just so gorgeous JMP, I'm very glad to hear she's on the mend. I'd have to come and give her a good thorough cuddle and smooth before offering an opinion as to whether she's overweight or not ..........
Thanks Angieh!! She really is a beautiful and loving cat!! Beau is too, but very rearly stays still long enough for you to get a photo of her. But i will prevail!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #60

She's just magnifiecent, i'm pleased she's on the mend