Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #41

Re: Joy A Little Poorly

Oooooooh, what a beeeeeeooootiful tum, just ready for a wee tickle. Please oblige on my behalf!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
09-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #42

I will, no problem there Angieh!!

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
15-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #43

Just another quick update about Joy. Last night unfortunately, Joy was again struggling to wee. She spent almost an hour going from one litter to another trying and on one of the times managed to poo and get it stuck around her bottom again. Think, because she was trying so hard to pee, she didn't realise that she had pood! One time she also dragged her bum along the floor as if there was something stuck on it, but there wasn't. Poor girl!! So we are taking her back to the vet today. The good thing is that she is still eating and drinking ok! Really is a bit of a mystery. Will keep, you up to date on how she is.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #44

Sorry to hear Joy is struggling again

Regarding the dragging her bottom along the floor, that could be a sign of impacted anal glands or worms. Has your vet checked her anal glands previously?

Catsey Veteran

15-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #45

Oh dear, so sorry to read this JMP - do hope your vet can sort her out, Joy is a young cat and I'm sure whatever is the problem it needs a fuller veterinary investigation.

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
16-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #46

Joy is at the Vets all day today so they can "fill" the bladder to get some urine samples direct from the bladder and some blood samples to try and find out exactly what the problem is. We have taken Beau with her so as not to stress them both too much! Joy is still really struggling to pee , but ,almost as if she new we wanted a sample, she managed a small one last night. That was after spending at least a half hour going from litter tray to tray trying to pee!The vet analysed the sample and did find blood in it, hence taking her in today. The vet says they do not recon its worms but maybe something wrong with her Tract. They also said it could be Stress related. I don't undersatnd the stress bit, as NOTHING has changed in their lives to their enviroment or atmosphere of the house. Joy is still eating and drinking well. Just to try and get rid of the stress "factor" if there is one, we bought a plug in Feliway !! A very expensive thing, but not if it helps the poor girl!! Let's hope after today they will have more idea what it can be.. Never mind the two cats, both my wife and I are really stressed out about it, maybe the Feliway will help us!!!!!!!!ha!!!!!!!! Will keep you all updated as and when we know something

Catsey Veteran

16-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #47

I really feel for you and your wife, JMP - I can understand you are both stressed. Poor Joy! Cats are really such complicated creatures underneath their relaxed looks it may just be her trouble peeing that has stressed her, rather than anything else in her environment. I do so hope that your vet finds something that explains it and something that will respond to treatment. I have my fingers crossed for her and for you both too.

PS Do you have a Tellington Touch practitioner in your area? Google it - the methods really can help cats (and other animals). The technique has a good theoretical basis and some of the case histories are amazing.

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
16-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I really feel for you and your wife, JMP - I can understand you are both stressed. Poor Joy! Cats are really such complicated creatures underneath their relaxed looks it may just be her trouble peeing that has stressed her, rather than anything else in her environment. I do so hope that your vet finds something that explains it and something that will respond to treatment. I have my fingers crossed for her and for you both too.

PS Do you have a Tellington Touch practitioner in your area? Google it - the methods really can help cats (and other animals). The technique has a good theoretical basis and some of the case histories are amazing.
Thanks Angieh! No, we don't have any TT in our area.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #49

sorry to hear Joy is still not better, hope she went on ok at the vets.
I think i have mentioned before that Jerry our old cat eventualy had to drag his bottom along the floor to poo.His poo was usualy quite hard and dry. He had some sort of unidentified neurological condition that caused his back legs to be wonky in later life.

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
18-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #50

Just a quick update on Joy.
Have had no results back yet from the Vets, awaiting urine and blood culture samples, so will take about a week. Joy seems a little better but still wanders from tray to tray now and again, but no mishaps with her poo since comming home. She is still eating and drinking ok, but have been told to try and get her to loose a bit of weight. So am in the process of changing her diet to HILLS PRESCRIPTION DIET food, both wet and dry. It was highly recommended by our vets and have seen some very good reports online about it. Will keep everyone up to date with her ongoing "drama" Thanks for all the "Catsey" vibes and support!! Keep it comming please!!