Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #31

Re: Joy A Little Poorly

hope you get to the bottom of Joys problem soon. I'm sure it's a good sign that she's eating and drinking ok.
I found laxapet quite good to prevent hairballs when i had Jerry.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
29-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #32

Joy is back home now and seems ok. They have given her an x-ray and found nothing wrong, but cann't take a Urine sample as her bowel is too small. This means she has no urine in it and therefore IS "passing" it. I honestley don't know where or when, but obviuosly she is. The Vet has given her another 5 days of Antibiotics and painkiller as he still thinks it could be a form of cystitis , and told us to wait until she has had it all and see if any change. It really is a mystery and still a bit worrying!
Beau spent a few hours trying to find her sister yesterday when Joy was at the Vets. It was funny seeing her running up and down stairs and looking in all the "hiding" places. She would then sit for a bit and then off she would go again. As soon as we brought Joy back home, she swiped her on the head and ran away, as if to say," how dare you leave me alone!!!"
Got up this morning to one of them had been sick with a massive hairball again, but don't know which one. We do feed them both "Hairball" feed and it has worked pretty well up to now. Maybe it's a bit stress related, will have to see. Will just wait now and see what happens.
The good thing is that Joy doesn't seem too stressed and is eating/drinking so maybe we are just over worrying? Don't know!
Thank you for all the "Catsey Vibes" and ime sure it will all be ok!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #33

What a mystery! Healing, and calming, vibes a-plenty being sent. Hope that you begin to be confident of an improvement very soon.

Catsey Veteran

29-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #34

thanks for the update, glad Joy is ok, despite being a mystery

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
30-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #35

Glad to hear she is doing ok. Big hugs from us xx

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
09-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #36

Just a quick word to say a big " Thank you " to all the support and "vibes" the Catsey Family have been giving Joy. She seems a lot better than she was , but still seems to be struggling a little going for a wee. Instead of going a few times in a day, she seems to be going little and often, but doesn't seem to be in any stress. Joy came off the Anti-biotics about 4 days ago after almost 12 days worth. Hopefully all is well now. They are both due for their 6month check up soon and boosters so will be able to check on her again then

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #37

I really do hope that Joy is getting better, although from your words I am not sure that you're sure. Fingers crossed that your vet can be confident when the time comes for her check up.

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
09-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #38

[quote=angieh;678809]I really do hope that Joy is getting better, although from your words I am not sure that you're sure. Fingers crossed that your vet can be confident when the time comes for her check up.[/QUOT

Ime not 100% sure in my mind, but she does seem a lot better than when it started. Its just the way she now seems to go to the toilet little and often , reather than a few times a day. But she really doesn't seem stressed at all , so maybe it's just me!!!

Catsey Veteran

09-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #39

thanks for the update i wondered how she was getting on. I'm glad she's better, they are such a worry sometimes.

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
09-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #40

This is Joy wanting her tummy stroked this dinner time!! What a "Hussey"

She says "Thank You " to all at Catsey for their Get Well Wishes!!