Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
25-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #11

Re: Joy A Little Poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Oh poor Joy, and poor you - distressing for you all. I would use a dilute Hibiscrub solution to help get rid of the smell, you can use that on her fur too. I would ask your vet if something could be prescribed to help her bowels.
Rang the vet today and been told just to persist with the Antibiotics and clip the hair from around the bottom area. Because she is stressing about the pee she is trying to force her poo out and sitting on it. As she is a "long hair" cat it is therefore getting stuck. We have been cleaning her with baby wipes, but she was so bad this morning that we managed to clean most of her bottom area, but I think a quick bath will have to be done tonight. As she is not having any problem actually pooing , the vet seems to think it's just the stress. It's starting to stress Beau as well, because of her sister's stress and slightly different smell! Just hope the Antibiotics "kick in" soon and Joy gets back to normal!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #12

Ah, at the start of this thread, you'd said that her poo was very dry and I thought this was her problem. Poor lass - cats do suffer so from stress, I wonder if some Rescue Remedy in her water or a Feliway spray or plug in might help relieve the stress?

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
25-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Ah, at the start of this thread, you'd said that her poo was very dry and I thought this was her problem. Poor lass - cats do suffer so from stress, I wonder if some Rescue Remedy in her water or a Feliway spray or plug in might help relieve the stress?
Angieh, It's really the stress of not being able to wee and she is therefore trying to hard pushing out her poo, to a point where she seems to sit on it rather than get up. I think her poo isnt as moist as usual either and therefore seems to stick to her bottom etc. It just seems to put stress onto stress for her.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
25-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #14

Poor girl, hope she feels better soon x It sounds like you are doing everything you can to help her, and although a bath might be stressfull, perhaps it will help her feel a little better in the long run. Could she be drinking less water because she can't pee?
Speedy had cystitis a few times and the opposite problem with her poo, but being a shorthair it was not quite so messy!

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
25-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerMoon
Poor girl, hope she feels better soon x It sounds like you are doing everything you can to help her, and although a bath might be stressfull, perhaps it will help her feel a little better in the long run. Could she be drinking less water because she can't pee?
Speedy had cystitis a few times and the opposite problem with her poo, but being a shorthair it was not quite so messy!
She seems to be eating and drinking ok. Think the smell is making her a bit stressful. She doesn't stink, but does smell a little of "litter tray". But her bottom is a bit messy.

Catsey Veteran

26-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #16

Is Joy any better today, JMP???

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
26-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Is Joy any better today, JMP???
Seems to be a little better. We had to bathe her last night, which had her and us very stressed out. She hated it , but ime sure after a while and when she dried off a bit , felt better and not as smelly. She has been for a wee and done a little and , since the bath, has pooed without getting it stuck on her. But she still has two more days of Antibiotics to go, so hopefully, will get fully better by Friday!
Thanks for asking Angieh !

Catsey Veteran

26-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #18

Glad to hear there's been some improvement JMP!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #19

i do hope Joy is feeling better soon. I wonder if she's not emptying her bladder and it's full whether it's cramping her bowel and so she struggles to get the poo out and has to sit down.
The reason i say this is because Jerry had to sit and almost scrape the poo out as he got older, it reminded me of a dog dragging it's bottom on the floor.

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
26-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
i do hope Joy is feeling better soon. I wonder if she's not emptying her bladder and it's full whether it's cramping her bowel and so she struggles to get the poo out and has to sit down.
The reason i say this is because Jerry had to sit and almost scrape the poo out as he got older, it reminded me of a dog dragging it's bottom on the floor.
Joy did the scraping of bottom , the other morning, to get rid of the poo. Because she isn't peeing properly she seems to be forcing the poo and sitting on it, hence it getting stuck all over her rear end. Then she scrapes it and so it just gets everywhere. Hopefully these Antibiotics will kick in and she will get back to normal. She did go for a poo last night and it didn't get stuck. Hasn't stopped her eating and drinking as normal, thank goodness!!