Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
24-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #1

Joy A Little Poorly

Joy seems to have a bit of cystitis poor girl! She keeps trying to wee and either just a very small amount comes out or nothing, Her no.2 is very dry and keeps sticking to the fur around her bum as well. We keep having to clean her , even though she is constantly licking around the area as well.
We have been to the Vets and got her some Anti-biotics and Pain killers. The vet says, because she smells a little around that area that she is consious of that and tries to clean it all the time. Hopefully in a few days she should be back to normal.
To be fair to her, she has just got on with it and doesn't moan, but seems to want a lot more loving and re-assurance, which is no problem. She is eating and drinking ok, which is a good sign.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #2

Re: Joy A Little Poorly

Poor little girly - hopefully the antibiotics will sort her out very soon. It's nasty, cystitis - hope she is well again soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #3

Poor little thing, hope she's better soon.
Does she not drink a lot, i'm wondering if that could cause her poo to be hard and dry.

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
24-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #4

She does drink quite a bit and we give her, and Beau, a fair amount of "Wet" food as well. She has never had any problem with it being too hard before this pee problem. But you can tell she is very conscious of her smelling, as she seems to be always washing the area!! Poor girl smells a little and she knows it!! Because Joy is a human "hoover" we have no problems with the Anti-biotics in there tablet form, she just munches them down!!

Catsey Veteran

24-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #5

Lucky you - she should be showing signs of feeling better if she's taking her pills like a good girl.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #6

aww hope the meds kick in and shes better soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
25-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #7

Bless her, she sounds sore. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon x

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
25-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #8

Got up earlier this morning and poor Joy had been to the toilet last night and must have got it stuck all over her bottom! Pieces were all over the stairs and stuck to her bottom. Ive had to cut some off her bottom and try and get the rest off with wipes. Poor girl! Just waiting for my wife to get up and help me clean her. She is starting to get a little distressed. We have had just over a full day of anti-biotics and nothing different yet. We have 5 days worth, so will wait until the end before taking her back to the vets, if needed. Joy is such a very clean cat and is getting a bit stressed by her smell. We do keep cleaning her. Beau is obviously concerned as well because of her smelling a bit and keeps trying to help her clean !! Feel a bit useless but can only try and clean her and help her as much as i can. Just hope the Anti-biotics start to help soon. Ime presuming that the dry poo is to do with the same sympton. Has anybody else had a problem like this? It is a bit weird that it's coincided with the "bug" and Joy has never had a problem like this before. Joy is still eating and drinking normally. I am going to ring the Vets again later to see if they can help. It's just taken my wife and I a good 25 mins to wipe her, and i still think she will need a bit of a bath later! That is going to be "fun" as both Joy and Beau hate water on them!!

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
25-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Lucky you - she should be showing signs of feeling better if she's taking her pills like a good girl.
That's the one good thing with Joy, is that she eats anything and doesn't mind taking the tablets out of my hand!! Beau would never do that!!

Catsey Veteran

25-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #10

Oh poor Joy, and poor you - distressing for you all. I would use a dilute Hibiscrub solution to help get rid of the smell, you can use that on her fur too. I would ask your vet if something could be prescribed to help her bowels.