Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #1

Colds

All my little darlings have recently been affected with sneezing - Monty started it and got over it very quickly; Pip was next and he has got over it nearly but is still sneezing occasionally but poor Kizzy is a rather snotty girl and is snuffly and sneezy.

I've been looking online this morning, wondering whether I should take her to the vet - she's not a good car traveller and the stress may outweigh any benefit. It seems from what I have read that if the nasal discharge is clear (which it is) then it could be a viral infection which needs to run its course but if there is any thickening of the mucous then it could be a respiratory infection and a vet visit is advisable.

What do others think???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #2

Re: Colds

sorry to hear this Angie, if she's reasonably ok and eating then i'd wait a few days and see if it clears up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #3

Re: Colds

Thanks Shelley, that's my thinking. She is behaving normally and eating. She bought a mouse in last night and ate all but the head ....... I had to leave the room!