Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #11

Re: Ben is in the Vets

Glad Ben is feeling ok, I love the picture of him washing Harvey.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #12

I have my fingers crossed for Ben's results xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
01-09-2012, 02:54 AM   #13

No results yet, they have not arrived back so looks like it could be next week before we know

Catsey Veteran

01-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #14

Shame - I may have to uncross my fingers and toes until Monday. Please give Ben a wee cuddle from me.

Catsey Veteran

03-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #15

hoping the results get back soon and are ok Helen.

Catsey Veteran

05-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #16

What's the news Velvet? Fingers still crossed here.

Catsey Veteran

06-09-2012, 03:57 AM   #17

Finally got the results on Tues but only after i kept chasing them up, think delay was due to Bank Holiday. Anyway nothing sinister was found & probably just allergy of some sort. Said we could do (expensive) tests however ive had that carried out on two of the Boxers & nothing conclusive was found other than they were allergic to grass during growing season. He fine in himself other than the fact the surgery did csuse a drop in his immune system & the ringworm has come back a bit . Ive caught that on very quick & started topical treatment immediately. Hes been very naughty this week & again i think its a reaction to surgery last week . He only went infor routine neuter/ chip & ended up with radical surgery. We will get over it though

Catsey Veteran

06-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #18

great news, i'm glad the results are ok.What worry it's been for you.Hope Ben gets over the ringworm quickly.

Catsey Veteran

06-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #19

So glad nothing sinister found, hope Ben continues to recover. I haven't read your thread on immune system yet but it does seem to be a recurring problem for wee Ben.

Catsey Veteran

06-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
So glad nothing sinister found, hope Ben continues to recover. I haven't read your thread on immune system yet but it does seem to be a recurring problem for wee Ben.
Immune systems in Kittens under 12 months are not the most robust apparently. Was talking to a Fosterer recently & she says for a kitten to take the likes if Cat Flu, wee kittens immune systems are at rock bottom & same goes for ringworm & poor wee man had both at once when we got him.

On Tues i felt a but down over it & found myself thinking would we be free of the ringworm this time next year!!

Katie has it now too - her immune system is compromised because of the kidney failure. Have thrown all their bedding out, bought new stuff thats easier to boil wash, bought a floor steam cleaner & more powerful Dyson (one of ones they are advertising) to try & get on top of the ringworm. Katie isnt bad, she just has two lesions. Ive seen pics on the web where dogs are just a mass of lesions .