Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: 2 former-ferals.
08-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #1

Questions about spay incision.

Pepper got spayed on Thursday.. her spay incision seemed fine but it has slowly raised up and is now a seemingly-hard bump. It doesn't seem to cause her pain... but I am wondering if this is an issue and needs to be addressed.. here, have some pictures:

I really hope it's nothing bad :C

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
08-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #2

Re: Questions about spay incision.

hi, only thing i can think of is it could be a keloid scar, after healing it just leaves the skin a bit a bit more raised or bumpy. there doesnt seem to be any sign of inflammation or infection, so i wouldnt worry about it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #3

Yes, I'd say keloid tissue. Some people tend to get it, I am one, and I expect animals are the same. Not sure if there's anything you could rub in for her to try and soften it up a bit - cats are difficult to treat and some things that would be fine for other animals can't be used. Perhaps ask your vet or vet nurse if there is anything you could use?

08-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #4

Thank you guys so much for your input, it makes me feel better that it's not really "serious." I will probably email my old veterinarian (we got Pep spayed by the Humane Society vet, my vet is moving to Georgia) and ask her if she can recommend anything to soften it up like you said Angie.

I never knew you could get keloids there! I got one on my ear before when I had my cartilage pierced... needless to say I took the earring out, lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #5

I think you can get them anywhere pepntash, some skin types are more prone than others ....

10-08-2012, 04:04 AM   #6

It has gotten bigger :C I think we're going to go back to the vet in the next couple days to make sure it isn't serious/causing her pain... :C