Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #11

Re: Baby Ben isn't at all well :(

Glad to hear Ben is a bit brighter and managing to eat a bit of food. I guess you have tried heating the food a bit so that it smells more

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
15-07-2012, 02:48 AM   #12

Im trying everything, chicken, salmon, adult food the lot. He prefers it cold, perhaps his throat is sore & its cooler. Its awful to see them so poorly

Catsey Veteran

15-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #13

Just back from Vets, Ben got his jab . He has to go back tomorrow to see the vet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Last night i was quite concerned about Ben, wondered if we would need to get emergency vet out this morning (public hol here until Monday) however this morning, he appears a bit brighter.

Read on the internet last night that there are some cats who even though they are vaccinated, can still take Cat Flu. Like the common human flu, it is constantly evolving with different strains of it. Like my vet said, it can lie latent & come to the surface at times of stress ie re-homing, being put into a cattery etc

Oh dear I am sorry to hear this sometimes a rough start stays with them. Hope he picks up.

I would cocentrate on making sure he drinks.....although have you tried a little bit of cream?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #15

Sorry Ben's so poorly, Velvet. Have you tried a little cat milk, maybe even slightly diluted with water?

I do hope he improves soon

Catsey Veteran

16-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #16

The injections always seem to make him sleepy so it was about 9pm before he awoke. A few sneezes & coughing turns but think i see bit of an improvement tonight.

Have to say hes quite good at fluid intake. Despite the fact he has his own water dish, he balances on the edge of the big dog water bowl, in fact all the cats do!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #17

glad to hear Ben is a little better

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #18

So sorry to hear that wee Ben is so poorly. Sending healing vibes a-plenty for the little guy.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
16-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #19

Little Ben is in our thoughts and Joy and Beau hope he will get better soon!

Catsey Veteran

17-07-2012, 04:33 AM   #20

Well today didnt go so well for Ben. His glands are still up & vet doesnt think hes improved any. In fact he took bloods to check for FIV & said if positive the kindest thing with his health issues, ( he has a skin problem as well) would be to PTS. Im afraid i got a bit upset at that point poor wee man had to get some anaesthetic to get his bloods taken. Those 15 mins waiting for the results seemed like hours but thankfully he is FIV clear. Something is going on in the background so we have more antibiotics & have to go back in weeks time to re-evaluate the situation. The vet thought perhaps Ben's mum was a Carrier for Cat Flu & Ben was just unlucky enough to have it passed on to him. Thankfully she is spayed now.