Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
13-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #1

Candy's tummy.

Candy was very quiet last and was really not herself, she did not eat her tea and had a touch of diarrhoea. We decided to wait overnight and see how she was in the morning. She had nit moved from her spot, looking at the wall while sitting on the bookcase. When I did move her she sat on the bed for a bit and then went to sit in a litter tray. We phone thd vet and took her in today at 9.30 ish. Nothing obvious but we suspected a flare up of her IBD, she was given antibiotic, steroid and Zantac ( we try to avoid steriods lOng term but have to use them against inflammation at times like these), thd vet also wanted to give sub cut fluids as she was a bit dehydrated but it took a towel and 3 people to get the injections in and she started mouth breathing, so we gave it a miss. The vet was happy for us to monitor her and bring her back in the morning to be dripped, if she did not improve.
Thankfully she has brightened up this evening and ate some tea. Fingers crosses she continues to improve.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #2

Re: Candy's tummy.

Poor Candy, I do hope she continues to improve....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
14-11-2011, 02:32 AM   #3

I do hope she continues to improve, I can sympathise as i too have IBS

Hugs xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #4

Poor wee Candy - glad she's picked up a bit and good vibes for continued improvement.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #5

How is she doing today?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
14-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #6

aww poor candy, how is she feeling now?

Catsey Veteran

14-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #7

Thanks for asking. Candy is much better today. I'm glad I didn't wait til Monday though, she must have been very sore.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #8

I'm so glad she's feeling better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
15-11-2011, 03:35 AM   #9

That is good news farthing. Pleased to hear it

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #10

Candy had a dental 2 months ago after I took her in to be examined as I felt she wasn't doing well. While under for her dental she was x-rayed, blood tested and examined and the vets could find nothing to explain her being quiet other than bad teeth.
She has been no brighter since her op, although eating well, recently drinking more and toileting normally. She hasn't been grooming herself so I booked her in to be de-matted and re-examined thoroughly again, including bloods and x-rays if wanted.
The bloods showed her kidney enzymes were raised more than last time but not bad enough to cause her weight loss. The vet feels her lymph nodes are up and her intestines are extremely thickened and the diagnosis is she has a gut lymphoma. The vet was suggesting we PTS while Candy was under but I have taken her home for the weekend after confirming she is in no real discomfort.
We knew that IBD can often be a precurser to gut lymphoma but it has still knocked me for 6.
Candy is a feisty, little spitfire but that's what made her special.
She is being PTS on Monday morning, at home.