Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-11-2006, 05:26 PM   #61

Re: Very worried about Teddy

The antibiotics I have been given are called Clavaseptin Palatable Tablets, and the probiotic is called Promax Paste. Does anyone have any experience of using these and their effectiveness? Also gave him some Hills i.d, he couldn't get it down his little neck quickly enough!

Also spoke to my friend about the possibility of Teddy being PTS, she told me if theat was to happen I should give him back to her and she'd give him back to her friend. NOT A CHANCE! I'd rather he was humanely and lovingly PTS than return him to where he came from. The receptionist in the vets also said that if it turns out to be a chronic illness and I can't afford it any longer, then she will take him. I hope and pray it doesn't come to either of these ends, and that my baby will recover from this and finally be settled.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
03-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #62

Poor Teddy and poor you. Hope the diarrhoea stops very soon and that you get some answers too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #63

Alex, don't lose hope for Teddy I am sure if something can be done for him then it will be happen.

Be strong and try and be positive.

Is it possible that he is allergic to something in the food?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Is it possible that he is allergic to something in the food?
Good thinking Emma. Or maybe just allergic to something other than food (cleaning products, other cats, etc etc).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #65

Praying the little guy starts to pick up soon, Big Hugs to you and huge cuddles for Teddy....xx

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2006, 06:32 PM   #66

i don't know to be honest. When we first got him, he had the runs, so I starved him for a few days and then fed him on chicken and rice for a few days, when I started to put him back onto the RC kitten (which I had been given with him) he had diarrhea again, so I starved him again and fed him chicken again. This time I tried him on HiLife which really helped and he started to do normal poos (so he has manged to do some). When I let him downstairs to mix with Cooper and Broxi, he and Cooper started to steal out of each others bowls, so I ended up with 2 kittens with diarrhea. Coopers cleared up very quickly, but Teddys hasn't stopped since, no matter what food we've tried this time. I'm hoping this Hills i.d might make a difference along with the antibiotics, but I've got to the last hope saloon here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-11-2006, 06:36 PM   #67

hmmm interesting that HiLife helped a lot, have you tried him on just that food?? I believe Natures Menu is very similar to HiLife and you can buy it in Tescos.

Well perhaps see how the Hill's go.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-11-2006, 08:10 PM   #68

Promax paste is excellent! Porsha has been on a new antibiotic and promax paste since she saw the vet the other day and she has had two days of normal poos now The first normal poos since I got her about 2 months ago and her diarrhoea at times has been so bad she has been incontinent Don't give up hope as I have been in your position, wondering what the future holds and feeling sheer desperation.

Fingers crossed for you and Teddy too...let us know how you get on

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #69

Fran, I'm so pleased you are beginning to see some results in Porsha's treatment.......I'm sure that will give some hope to Alex too.

I hope Porsha continues to improve (and we can have some more piccies please)

Good luck to both of you.....

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2006, 08:19 PM   #70

Fran, you have no idea how much hope that has just given me (actually you probably do). What food do you have Porsha on? And how long after giving her the promax and antibiotic did you start to see results? Alex x