Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
01-11-2006, 10:36 PM   #51

Re: Very worried about Teddy

Poor baby xxx Hugs to you both and hope the test results come back soon and you can get him back on track. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
02-11-2006, 09:07 PM   #52

well, poor Teddy has been relegated to the kitchen again and being starved once more. It had got to the stage that you only had to pick him up and put a little pressure on his tummy for him to poo all over you. It is breaking my heart every time I go in there, he tries to make a desperate lunge for the door. Phoned up the vets today to see if there was any news yet, the girl I spoke to told me it could be TUESDAY before the results were back. I told her that at this rate, Teddy wouldn't be here by tuesday. She phoned me back to say that the vet had contacted the lab to have them rushed and that they would get back to me either tonight or tomorrow morning. Obviously they haven't called tonight so hopefully first thing in the morning. I'm hoping that as he hasn't had anything to eat since early afternoon, he might have stopped dripping enough for me to sleep on the couch tonight and have him lying beside me as it is far too cold for him to sleep in the kitchen on his own. Will update you all tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

02-11-2006, 09:44 PM   #53

Forgot to say, Broxi had a bit of the runs last night and this morning, I gave him some of the slippery elm bark powder I had left and he was more solid tonight. Will give him some more over the next few days and pray it's just a slightly delayed reaction to his food change last week.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-11-2006, 10:19 PM   #54

Alex, couldn't you cover the couch will some cut up bin liners and put some old towels over them, at least you and Teddy could have a bit of a cuddle for a bit. Poor little boy I hope the vets have some good news for you tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #55

Oh no. It sounds like poor little Teddy really has got it bad. I'm so hoping that there is some positive news for you both tomorrow morning. I wish I knew what else to suggest . . .

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #56

Had some news from the vets this morning. The good news that Teddy probably isn't the cause of Roberts gastroeneteritis, that was just a conincidence. The bad news is that we still have no idea what is wrong with Teddy. The vet is still waiting on one result coming back which he said will probably be tuesday at the earliest, but everything else came back fine. No parasites, no infections, nothing! The vet has now prescribed a blanket course of antibiotics and probiotics plus a change of food to Hills id. He says if this doesn't help any, then we are seriously going to have to look at where we go form here. He thinks that if shows no signs of improvement, then Teddys has a very serious problem of some sort which will be prohibitively expensive. So please keep everything crossed, say a prayer and hope with all of your being that this helps my poor wee baby. I am having to prepare myself mentally for the possibility of losing him, but it would break my heart.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2006, 03:23 PM   #57

Oh dear Alex, I do hope this course of AB's and probiotics help the little boy......we are all so worried about him

I have everything crossed and am willing him to get better for you .........
(((((hugs)))) to you and (((cuddles))) to Teddy....xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #58

Really wishing with all my heart that this medication will provide the breakthrough with Teddy's condition. Try to remain hopeful however at the same time as you say, some mental preparation is in order

Lots of love, hugs and best wishes to you and Teddy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-11-2006, 03:37 PM   #59

Lots of good wishes
maybe the a/bs and probiotics will help. This diarrhoea needs to stop - it's so debilitating for the little scrap.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
03-11-2006, 03:51 PM   #60

Poor love, ((((((hugs and cuddles)))))) to you both x