Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
31-10-2006, 03:26 PM   #41

Re: Very worried about Teddy

You're welcome Fran; just hope something works for you (and Alex)

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 gorgous mogs
31-10-2006, 07:18 PM   #42

well reading on whats happening to teddy and alexs hubby now i know why i had sickness and diareaha myself after looking after alexs pets , is it poss that this can still be passed on to my pets because my little boy thomas now as the runs which he's had for 2 days.i didnt realise it could be passed on to humans im really gob smacked alex you are very lucky you and the kids havent got it because it doesnt sound very nice at all it could of caused an epedemic through your family and mine.
anyway alex hopefully if it is this there will be some light at the end of the tunnel for teddy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
31-10-2006, 08:49 PM   #43

Thanks for that Dm, I will see what the vet says first when the sample results come back and hopefully that will sort it out first. If it doesn't, do you know of anywhere to buy them as I cant shop over the internet. Sorry Tracy, I didn't connect you being sick with Teddys diarrhea. I only found out yesterday that the vet says this is perhaps why robert has the gastroenteritis, though it could be unrelated as there is a bout of it doing the rounds according to the doctor. None of my other 2 have shown any signs of it and the vet didn't mention keeping them quarantined, so I dont know what the likliehood is of it being passed on.

Fran, sorry to hear you've had similar problems with Porsha. Its just a nightmare isn't it? Teddy is sitting on my lap just now smelling of poo, but I haven't the heart to shove him off or go and bath him again, 'cause it is really stressing him out. Hopefully we both find an answer soon. (((hugs)))

Catsey Junior

31-10-2006, 09:03 PM   #44

hi Alex,
with what i had read on the forum with teddy having a form of gastrointeritis id read that it could get passed on to humans thats why with your hubby being ill and me being ill could of been to do with teddys problem. im sorry if i sounded abit narky but i got worried . its a poss it could be whats going around lets just hope that it is with the results. the trouble with animals when they are ill they do tend to pass on things as at the moment thomas as diareaha as well, im disinfecting all the time as i hate being ill i hate sickness and diareaha at the best of times, and poor old teddy must feel like crap if you excuse my french lol.
tracy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
31-10-2006, 09:19 PM   #45

In all fairness, despite my vet informing me how contagious giardia is to both other pets and humans, none of my other pets here, myself, hubby or my two children have been ill or had diarrhoea. I am very strict with handwashing here though whether the pets are ill or not..

Catsey Veteran

31-10-2006, 09:23 PM   #46

We've been using the dry wash handwashes and to be honest, I would have thought it would be more likely the kids or I to have caught it fromTeddy 'cause they are much younger and I'm on prescription drugs for arthritis etc so I'm usually quite susceptable to catching anything going around.

Catsey Junior

31-10-2006, 09:27 PM   #47

i'm not putting the blame to Alex if that is how it sounds i was just worried as anyone else would be in that position because with teddy being ill and not knowing what it is that is causing his problem and then suddenly someone mentioning a kind of animal virus which passes onto humans worried me. with Alex not actually knowing yet what his problem is then im sure i have nothing to worry about.
tracy

Catsey Veteran

01-11-2006, 09:13 PM   #48

Teddy trundling along at the moment. Looking very miserable with life and seems to have lost some weight, but is back to eating plenty. Having to bath his back end at least twice a day at the moment as the diarrhea is just dripping down his legs at times.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
01-11-2006, 09:34 PM   #49

aww poor little thing, no wonder he is miserable. I am sure though Alex we can find a solution to this.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-11-2006, 09:52 PM   #50

Poor little boy, I hope those tests come back soon....