Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #21

Re: Very worried about Teddy

So sorry to hear Teddy is not good, hope the sample will show something, thoughts and Hugs with you and Teddy....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
29-10-2006, 09:48 PM   #22

So sorry to hear that he is not so good. I would definitely keep syringing small amounts of water into him. Check his gums and if they are extremely pale it probably means he is dehydrated. I hope the faecal sample shows the problem. Everything crossed for you both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-10-2006, 09:59 AM   #23

How was Teddy overnight, Alex? Hope all's OK . . .

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-10-2006, 02:39 PM   #24

Has he been to the vet yet Alex? Hope he is ok......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
30-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #25

Any news on Teddy??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #26

hate waiting like this - always fear the worst.
Thinking of you Alex ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
30-10-2006, 07:52 PM   #27

Hope everything is ok Alex, did you receive the cheque?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-10-2006, 08:59 PM   #28

Evening everyone. Teddy seems to be doing better today. A lot livelier and eating. He has been having the runs again tonight though and I am sure that his stomach doesn't like the RC food, but the vet says to keep him on it, so I don't know what to do. I received the cheque this morning (thank you Emma) and so the fecal sample has gone in. The vets says if I haven't heard from him by friday, to give him a call. He says that if Teddy gets the runs as badly as he did the other night, starve him for 24 hours and use a RC rehydration sachet that he gave me for free (isn't that soooo nice of him? hear the sarcasm folks). So to sum up, definately better today, but showing signs of bad runs again and no diagnosis at least until friday. Just going to have to keep a very close eye on him. The vet also reckons OH's gastroenteritis comes from Teddy, as thinks Teddy is suffering from gardia (? spelling) or salmonella.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #29

Giardia, I think it is.

Let's hope this is the start of Teddy's recovery then.
I'm a little suprised the vet didn't give you any treatment but I suppose he would say it's best to find exactly what the problem is and then give the best antibiotic for that infection?

Have you told us the exact story of how you came by Teddy? I remember you got him very young, and very ill with ringworm etc. Was it a sort of 'rescue' by you, or were you sold him as a healthy kitten? Either way,I think his breeder should examine their conscience.

....... well, Catsey good wishes have hopefully helped again. Expect you'd like some more? OK

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-10-2006, 09:24 PM   #30

I'm not sure if I ever told the full story of how I came to have Teddy. When I was looking for another cat to join Broxi, I wanted a 'fluffy' one. So I was speaking to a friend of mine who works in a pet shop, who also breeds persians. She offered me one of her older persians but I wanted a kitten, so I found Cooper through a for sale ad. When I took him to my friend for her to check it was a boy, she told me that if I was going to settle for a short hair she would have given me one of her exotic kittens. When she showed me a pic of one of hers I just fell in love and had to have one. She came back to me and told me she didn't have any boys left in her litter but one of her friends who is also a breeder had a few and as a favour to my friend I could have one for free. Well, of course I jumped at this. So I got Teddy a week later (as her friend had to travel to Telford) adn when I got him home the first night he was really smelly from his back end. When I phoned my friend to tell her, we both agreed that it could be down to the stress of having been travelling and a new environment. Come the monday when he wasn't any better I made an appointment for him at the vet and that's when we discovered all his problems. My hubby and I discussed returning him but to be honest we couldn't as we had fallen in love with him and wondered what we would be sending him back to. Having spoken to my friend on numerous occasions since, she is very upset at all that has transpired, but says her friend is too and had no idea that the kitten had all these problems. That I take with a large pinch of salt, but I dont hold my friend responsible as she was only passing him over to me and did so in good faith. That is the story of Tedy so far!