Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
29-10-2006, 11:53 AM   #11

Re: Very worried about Teddy

I do hope a fecal sample shows what is going on. I despaired of the RC food with Pebbles recent bout of diarrhea, it took a good 3 or 4 days before it showed any sign of improvement on it, and to be honest, I was nearly ready for giving up on it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
29-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #12

The vet has neve given me anything for Teddys tummy. All the treatment he has had so far has been for his other problems. He has been on the RC food for 4 days now but I starved him last night and this morning, but when I gave him a few pieces earlier he wouldnt touch them. When I came down to the kitchen this morning there was poo everywhere, in and out of the litter tray. There was no substance to it at all, just completely liquid like it has been for the last few days. It was all over Teddy so I had to bath him which obviously is the last thing he needs just now. I haven't seen him touch any water so I gave him a syringe full earlier too. Do you think I should continue to do this and if so, how often and how much? He is not very lively at all today, and as I say hasn't eaten or drunk (that I've seen) and usually Teddy wolfs down food like he's never getting another meal. Doesn't really want to be held either. Has tried to play a little with his 'stick'. (a garden cane with a bit of insulating tape on the end. My OH had taken it off the tomato plant a few weeks ago, and Teddy decided he loved to play with it), but it was a half hearted effort. Please keep Teddy in your thoughts and prayers just now, because I think he's going to need all the help he can get.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-10-2006, 01:49 PM   #13

(((hugs))) .......... I thought of you lots last night and will continue to do so (and yes, keep giving him water. maybe make up a rehydration solution (adding a little sugar and salt .... google it, I'm sure you'll find the 'recipe'; I used it when Dinah was extraorinarily sick a while ago and couldn't keep anything down))
I feel so sad for you and so angry at the person who passed you all these problems.

Catsey Veteran

29-10-2006, 02:34 PM   #14

I've got the recipe now thanks DM. OH felt so sad for him that he gave him a little bit of cat meat and he scoffed it down, so he obvoiusly wants nothing more to do with the RC sensitivity. Do you think he knows that he has been worse on this himself?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #15

Alex, sorry to hear Teddy isn't too good today...it sounds like the poor little chap really does need a serious helping hand from the vet now You've tried your very best with him, done everything you've been told....now the vet must look into this deeper and really find out what is causing all this distress to you both.

Am thinking of you both and praying a solution can be found ((((hugs)))) x

Catsey Veteran

29-10-2006, 02:41 PM   #16

Alex not sure of this site can be of any use?

http://www.vetinfo4cats.com/cdiarrhea.html

Almost a Veteran Member

29-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #17

Fingers crossed for him - can't help with amounts am afraid, have never been able to get an answer about that from the vets, just 'a reasonable amount'!! I would keep checking the back of his neck for dehydration to make sure he has enough fluids. Is there anyway you could just give him boiled chicken?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-10-2006, 06:48 PM   #18

I really feel for you both and am thinking about you both loads, have everything crossed here. xxx

Catsey Veteran

29-10-2006, 07:22 PM   #19

I've just had a look at that thanks Emma. Its quite good but it really says that we need to have a fecal sample analysed . Hopefully tomorrow! I have managed to get him to eat a little RC, but only when I mixed a very small amount of cat meat on it. Not supposed to but if its the only way to get him to eat it, that's what I have to do. Have given him a lot of dehydration solution abd that seems to be helping. He is more alert this evening adn wants to be petted now, which is a lot better than this morning. Feeling a little better about him tonight, so hopefully he'll have perked up a lot more by the morning.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-10-2006, 07:25 PM   #20

I am sorry for you to be so poorly and so young. Hope he continues to perk up.

Will be thinking of you. So when you hear "bumps" on the roof it'll just be all the "best wishes" winging their way to you.