Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
24-02-2006, 08:25 PM   #11

Re: Daily thread for Friday 24 February

Evening everyone,

Another cold day, another busy day at work.

Took the bunny to the vets tonight for his check up and myxy injection, but the vet is not to happy with his overall condition. He is underweight and feels thin, he has a bit of ear missing, he had a messy nose and diarreah (sp).

They took a sample of poo and that is gonna cost me £45 for them to test it. They have given me a powder to add to his drinking water to give him important nutrients etc, and have also given me antibiotics.

He was caked again in poo so he has now had a bath and fresh clean cage. They told me to phone Pets at HOme to complain and try and get the cost of treatment reimbursed but dont know if it is worth bothering about. Cost me £70 today!!!

Quet evening in tonight!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-02-2006, 09:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Evening everyone,

Another cold day, another busy day at work.

Took the bunny to the vets tonight for his check up and myxy injection, but the vet is not to happy with his overall condition. He is underweight and feels thin, he has a bit of ear missing, he had a messy nose and diarreah (sp).

They took a sample of poo and that is gonna cost me £45 for them to test it. They have given me a powder to add to his drinking water to give him important nutrients etc, and have also given me antibiotics.

He was caked again in poo so he has now had a bath and fresh clean cage. They told me to phone Pets at HOme to complain and try and get the cost of treatment reimbursed but dont know if it is worth bothering about. Cost me £70 today!!!

Quet evening in tonight!!
Hi Donna..sorry to hear your bunny is unwell. I bought Fudge and Smudge from PAH. A couple of days after arriving home Fudge was very ill, not eating or pooing and was very lethargic. He went into the vets and had to stop a couple of days on a drip. I got a bill for £180 I went to PAH and told them what had happened along with the vet's bills and they paid up in full, there and then, no quibble and gave me the money from the till! I suspect they are used to this happening

Can I offer you a tip? Your bunny will be more likely to take the powders in his water if you add a little ribena to his water

Catsey Junior

24-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Hi Donna..sorry to hear your bunny is unwell. I bought Fudge and Smudge from PAH. A couple of days after arriving home Fudge was very ill, not eating or pooing and was very lethargic. He went into the vets and had to stop a couple of days on a drip. I got a bill for £180 I went to PAH and told them what had happened along with the vet's bills and they paid up in full, there and then, no quibble and gave me the money from the till! I suspect they are used to this happening

Can I offer you a tip? Your bunny will be more likely to take the powders in his water if you add a little ribena to his water
yes I have hear a lot of storys about PAH and i think thay are quite good with this sort of thing>

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
24-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Jane, where are you going?
Im going to Benidorm, ive been there loads of time, i love the old town, not so keen on the new town, tho the night clubs are good lol.

it will be the first time ive been away without me parents! we will end up getting on the wrong plane!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #15

I'm sure you will be fine Jane.....it is always a big step taking your first holiday away without your parents.....hope you have a great time!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-02-2006, 12:03 AM   #16

Nite all, I'm off now....sleep well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-02-2006, 12:03 AM   #17

Nite all, sleep well...Chat tomorrow...........

Nite Mags, sleep well.........