Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #1

Friday

Good morning Catsey people.
Just having a bit of peace and quiet, cats fed, youngest son off to day centre, howard at work so house to myself and the pets.
Going to do some training with Malaika, we are working on sending her away and down/stays at the moment. I'm afraid i haven't done much with her this week. Then it's off to the park.
When i come back i will no doubt have to bug HRU if i'm still not on the redeployment list.
Will be back later
Have a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
18-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #2

Re: Friday

Hi Shelley - sounds like a good mix for today, though I do hope that you are on the redeployment list now. And hi all to come - hope your days go well.

I'm currently sat at parents, though I expect to head back home soon. I came over to get hair cut, and need to go home so that I can get ready to go away for the weekend. Slightly nervous cause Cloud will be in the house on her own for that time. My downstairs has said she'll come and check on her on Fri evening/Saturday, and possibly Sunday morning, but... Still, it seems she does like the new litter trays and I might get away with emptying them once a day, so that's good! I'll bail out before I leave, as well as feeding her, and hopefully that should be that!

She gets spayed this coming week (and hopefully chipped at the same time), so I'll feel happier about putting her in a cattery after that - but even so, I'll probably just leave her at home for weekend trips away - especially if downstairs remains happy to check on her for me!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
18-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #3

hey shelley and squirrel,

shelley, sounds like you have an interesting day planned, squirrel, thats good taht cloud likes her new trays, thats good that your neighbour s going to check on her for you.

Im not long in from work, got good news that they are finally giving me more hours!!! not sure how many but atleast its more, means i might get the new kitten sooner aswell

Got an interview on monday for a job that i really fancy so fingers crossed and its a mon-fri job which is even better!!!

hope you all have a great night

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #4

Hi Shelley, Squirrel, those ro follow. Overcast but very unseasonable for the second day: 14 C (57 F) before lunch and may make 22 C by afternoon! Had the door to the porch open yesterday for a bit, probably will again. Back to chilly normal by the weekend, unfortunately. My electric tea kettle died yesterday!! A new one is en route from Amazon .... have to boil my tea water in an electric pot meanwhile ... bah!

Shelley, hope you get some job satisfaction soon; that is so annoying. Squirrel, sounds like a good neighbor you have, sure the wee girl will be just fine ... may not be speaking to you when you get home, however..

The weekend is almost here!

Catsey Veteran

18-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #5

Hi, Pamela, yours came in as I was still typing! Good news about the hours and the possible new job .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #6

Kate, i'm glad Cloud likes the new litter trays. What a good neighbour you have, i'm sure Cloud will be fine. Hope you have a nice weekend where ever you are going.
Pamela, good news about your increase in hours and good luck with the interview, what job is it ?
Eileen, it's forcast to go cold here too at the weekend,brrrrr.
How is your breathing, any better ?
Finaly on the redeployment list, but nothing remotely suitable, there are only about 5 jobs. They advise you to check every few days.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #7

Hello all Seems we have an employment centred daily today.
Hope all get resolved soon as work is a big part of most peoples life, and the cause of a lot of stress if something is out of sinc.
However I have been to work and now home not a bad day all in all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
18-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #8

Hello, all.
It's sunny and crisp here today. It's also me and K's five year anniversary, how time flies.
The girls seem to be back to their normal selves although I've got a cautious eye now as I'm a bit traumatized about how suddenly they both got ill. Eating and lying in the sun and all that. Yesterday, Kuan Yin ran up the cat tree for the first time since the episode so I thought that was great!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #9

Hi everyone. Good day here, looks as if we have found a residential placement for OH's mum. Head of Care came round and has assessed her as suitable for the ground floor (more residential and less dementia) and they have two vacancies. The woman was extremely pleasant and we had a good chat. We have the weekend to mull it over, but I think OH has made up his mind and we will go for it. We will have to tell MIL that we are having a holiday and that she will be going for respite .... and then just not go and bring her home. OH is going to go through peaks and troughs of guilt, but hopefully he will see it as for the best both for her and for us. Her condition will deteriorate and in this particular home, she will not have to be moved apart from upstairs if and when the time arises. They also take local authority rates, so she won't need to be moved when her funds run out either.

I think once she moves, I may spend a whole day just crying with the relief. Or, we may just go out and end up at the pub on the way home ...... anyway, too early to celebrate just yet.

I hope that poorly people are feeling a bit better and any poorly felines are on the mend too.

Also big good wishes to those with job problems. I've been there in the past and know how unsettling it is.

Catsey Veteran

18-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #10

Happy Fifth Anniversary, Tink and K! Glad the girls seem much better today, they get sick quickly but bounce back quickly too. Is Hestia still swearing at you? Shelley, no improvement in breathing but I've only been on the inhalant for 7 days ..... last year at this date we still had 10" of snow on the ground from the blizzards; it's 21 C now and the door to the porch is open!

I cannot believe Amazon: ordered the kettle yesterday morning; it was delivered at lunch time ... and I did NOT pay for one day shipping!

Edited: Angie, just read your news and am so happy for you!!! Having MIL there has been such a strain on you both; the relief is going to ne overwhelming! (((hugs)))!!!