Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
16-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #1

Wet wednesday

Mornin everyone. Hope you are all well.

The weather here is wet but looks like is tryin to dry up. Not to much today. Did housework first thing today so now heain to yr with OH for his work.

Harris is off to the vet at just after 5pm tonight to get wormed because he wouldnt take the tablets. Also going to ask advice about introducing another cat into the house due to having flu when he was young.

Have a great day. Hopefully will be at the quiz tonight

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #2

Re: Wet wednesday

Hello Pamela and all to follow.
Hope you get the answer you need at the vets
Will Harris not take the tablets in a piece of cheese or chicken?
Glad you reminded me about the quiz as for some reason i keep thinking it is tuesday.
Beautiful sunny day today, usual romp in the park and now i realy must do something towards cleaning up, the house is a tip

Catsey Veteran

16-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #3

We have tried everything to get him to take tablets shelley. Hes a clever wee cookie and ate the meat but left the tablet! Its nice and sunny now here aswell! At the coast and its lovely.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #4

Hi pamela and Shelley! Afternoon all to follow. Was glorious here earlier but clouding over now. Actually done a bit of weeding of pots in the garden. Bulbs are appearing, so had to get a few weeds out of their pots before the foliage gets too big and I risk disturbing them.

OH and I have been to visit a nursing home for his mum this morning. Rather impressed with this particular home - newly built and rather like an hotel. Well appointed and plenty of staff it seems. One of the care staff will be coming on Friday afternoon to assess the level of care mum needs. The home caters for three different levels of need. I have fingers and toes crossed - I wouldn't mind going there, so I think that's a good indication.

Hope to see many of you at the quiz tonight. 8.15 or thereabouts ...... I'll post a bit early to gather in the players!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
16-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #5

Glad the visit to the retirement home went well Angie, it's so reassuring when you find one you trust, the first one MIL was in was a real disappointment as they kept losing her clothes in the laundry even though everything was named

It's been a bright sunny day here today, just some light cloud now. I went out to work this afternoon and as OH was already out I did a Kong for Morgan as he'd be on his own for over 3 hours. Could I find it? could I heck! - "Find Kong, Morgan!" and off he scampers like a proper busy cocker, in the hall, in the dining room and the kitchen getting more excited but finding nothing. In the end I shut him out of the sitting room and had to get down on the floor to look under the furniture, it was right at the back under the sofa so I had to stretch out to reach it, getting my work clothes all hairy in the process The things we do for love!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #6

Hi all! We're having a most welcome thaw... sun, already 4 C (34 F) with the promise if 14 C by afternoon! It's been so cold for so long, really looking forward to it. No news, just pottering about. I can see buds emerging on my hellebores, woo hoo!!

Angie, sounds encouraging about the nursing home! Pamela, that Harris is too smart for his own good, bless him! Annoying how they can sense the pill in the food and avoid it... Shelley, hope to see you and others at the Wednesday quiz!

Think Spring!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #7

Angie, glad you liked the nursing home, it's a good start.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
16-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #8

Hi all...

Hope that all went well at the vet's Pamela. Sounds like quite a frustrating search Mrs H. Home sounds good Angie, hope that the possibilities work out OK. Hope that the cleaning etc went well enough Shelley, and that things are thawing where you are Eileen.

Over here, not much to report. Work went fine, I managed to upset my downstairs neighbour a little, but I think all is OK between us still. Oh, and it seems that my friend whose not been well, is really not well. We'd been hoping for infection, but it seems not.

I could well be at the quiz tonight, am supposed to be home, and am actually 'with it' this week, but I may end up going to spend some time with her...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
16-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #9

Morning, all.
Yesterday Kuan Yin mostly skulked around but today she seems to be more herself. I saw her jump to the window and chatter at some birds and then lay tummy up in front of one of the dogs so I think that is good
Solomon is ready to play hard, the girls are okay for play in small increments but once I can tell they are done I am seperating him or distracting him because he seems quite rambunctious, even more so now that it's been a few days since a proper tear around the house with his sisters.
Hestia is not fun to pill, think I'll pick up some ground turkey to hide it in as that is her fave. Been giving her catnip afterward as a little reward/distraction for the indignity of me putting my fingers in her mouth.
Kuan Yin was good about meds yesterday but this morning she didn't claw or anything but just looked at me from the corner of her eye and gave a slow, rumbling growl as I carefully syringed the liquid. I guess that means she's feeling a bit better
Have a good day, all.

Catsey Veteran

16-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #10

just back from the vets, harris has been wormed, health checked and weighed, he is now 3.34kg, he's put on about 1kg since we got him in august which is great and we have been given the all clear to get another kitten as a playmate. We have been told thats tehres a slight risk he could pass on flu but if the other cat has been vaccinated then theres a much smaller risk.