Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #1

Blowy Tuesday

quite windy and a bit rainy here today. Got the dog walk done this morning so we can stay in nice and warm now.
Tom's not eaten this morning, hope he's ok, he did eat a big tea last night.
There was a poor headless Heron by the river, i made sure Malaika was on her lead as we went past otherwise she would have tried to eat it
She managed to dab her favourite perfume behind an ear, eau de toilette Raynard Merde
Off to see the pup tonight.
At the moment the breeder is now considering one of the females and the male that we thought we would probably get
Need to concentrate on the males tonight and not get distracted.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
15-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #2

Re: Blowy Tuesday

Hey shelley and those to follow, Its really cold here and theres a wind aswell.

Thats a shame about the headless heron. I hope you get teh pup that you want, when is it you get to pick him up and take him home?

Stay warm inside

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #3

Pamela,
we should be bringing the pup home round about 5th March.
We have bought him a new blanket and i left it with malaika for a minute today, the idea being it will pick up our scents and we will take it with us tonight.
I only left it with her for 1 min and when i returned she'd chewed a hole in it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
15-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #4

Miserable day here today, the wind and rain have stripped quite a few buds off the camellia just a week or two short of flowering The hellebores are doing well, we let them self-seed and they're now multiplying quite well although the plants are still small but there's a good variety of hue.

Dentist this morning to get my new crown fitted (and paid for! ) that makes 6 crowns and 2 implants now "Oh, I wish I'd looked after me teeth" as Pam Ayres said

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
15-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #5

Hi Pamela, everyone...

*hugs* for the dentist Mrs H. Shelley hope all goes well with the pup - isn't that typical with the blanket! Well, and the breeder changing her mind of course!!! *rolls eyes*

Frosty start to the day over here. So much so that there was an accident on my road into work, and I nearly skidded into the car which had stopped in front of me. Thankfully I was able to skid right, then left and stop without any accidents, but...

Still, work went fine, once I got there, and I'm now home for the afternoon/evening, so can't really complain.

Hope all goes well with everyone else.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #6

Hi all! Talk about wind! We had weird weather yesterday, it make 24 C (70 F), first since last October and well above the seasonable norm of 8 C, but accompanied by almost gale force winds; so what should have been a delightfully mild day wasn't nice at all! Quite back to normal, 0 C (32 F), lots of sun and winds normal. Playing telephone tag with the docror's office about an inhaler problem ...

Shelley, love your "perfume" description! Have fun puppy-viewing tonight. MtsH, am very jealous, my hellebores have never self-seeded! You must have a lovely stand of them, Hi, Pamela. Squirrel, glad you avoided rhe accident!

Have a nice day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
15-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #7

Hi, everyone.
We had wind too yesterday--gusts up to 60mph. Poor kitties I think thought we were throwing them into a hurricane while transporting them to the vet!
This morning I am playing catch up. Yesterday was so stressful that now I am back trying to get this household to normal and everyone reasonably settled.
K has to go to post office today so I might join him and drop by the store for some baby food for backup in case anyone loses their appetite again and then maybe a quick run in to the library to pick up a book on hold.
Hoping for a quiet day with progress for the kitties of mine that worry me so..hope your day is good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #8

Shelley I would ask the breeder to put the bitches away and let you concentrate on the dogs it is easy to get sidetracked. You only need the dogs in the room.

Mrs H Ouch regarding the dentist. My sympathies.
Squirrel its horrible an almost crash hope you are okay.
Dm, I hope you caught the doctors.
Been to work and now home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
15-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #9

I'm fine thanks Kazz, though it was a bit of an eye opener at the time. Mind, it didn't help that it took me a while to work out just why I was skidding. That's Winter Driving Lesson 254 out of the way then!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
15-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #10

Evening all, busy at work with computer problems which are hopefully now sorted. Hubby and me are still not speaking, totally fed up with it all now.

Have a good evening all.