Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
14-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #1

valentine monday

Happy valentines day to everyone. Hope you all have a great day.

OH spoiled me today. I got tickets to see mamma mia on stage in glasgow and a dozen red roses. As well as the gifts i got him, i got a message read out across clyde1 radio station for him aswell

Enjoy your day xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #2

Re: valentine monday

How lovely ........ what a thoughtful man you have pamela. Glad you've had a good day so far.

I got a personally designed Valentine card and a box of Mon Cheri chocs (favourites), so I've been spoilt too. I made OH a card but haven't got a pressie for him .... we don't usually do presents, so I was a surprised bunny this morning!

OH took his mum to the doctor this morning to get a doctor's letter re Power of Attorney (old rules) - that went well and we should have the letter by Thursday. Then MIL and I had chiropodist and now we are waiting for our grocery order. After that arrives, I must go to the chemist to collect my prescription and may just take myself off to the garden centre if it's not raining by then.

Have a good Valentine's Day everyone. Hope you all have a bit of lurrrrrve in your lives!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
14-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #3

Fraid 14th Feb is the same as any other day over here! But then, I'm single and happy to remain so, so...

It's been an OK day so far. Work started off by going to support a client, who didn't need support, so that was a bit of a waste of time. However, it's quite close to parents and I ended up parking there, so spent a few minutes talking with my Dad, who was off ill today with a coldy bug. Rest of the day was fine! I'm now home for a bit, and will then be out again.

Need to investigate cause wee one decided that a cardboard box (in the kitchen) was a nicer place to go to the loo than her litter tray - it looks clean, and I know it was cleared out recently, but... Hmmmmmm... Not so impressed at that! Still, far better in a box than on the carpet!

It's parents for a little tonight, then guides, and home again. Oh, and for those who were asking yesterday... Church went well, but I didn't see my friend in the end as she just wasn't well enough...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
14-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #4

Morning, all!
Well, my V-day gift was the show and out to lunch afterwards. Don't expect much today, we are usually not big on that kind of thing but I did buy him some funny little gifts I know he'll enjoy, he loves quirky non-traditional type stuff so it'll be fun when those arrive..our 5 year anniversary is Friday so it's kinda just a little bit celebrate here and there all week with simple things. Don't really see any reason in spending too much or anything but if something seems fun then we'll do it
Sat AM I woke up with a sore throat but I ignored it b/c was wanting to go to the cat show..yesterday it got much worse so I was mostly alternating chores and napping. I feel slightly better right now but will just take it easy still. I think I've got a sinus infection and that's the problem--chronic in my family, I'm used to getting these, hardly ever go to the doc for it unless i absolutely can't get over it myself so I'm giving it a chance still.
Kuan Yin's worrying me a little, she's not eating like she usually does. She is eating baby food though so I think I'll go to the store and pick up more of that and watch her closely..maybe just a tummy upset? Hope it's nothing serious.
Have a good day...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #5

Squirrel - hope your lovely little Cloud gave you a nice cuddle today!

Tink - hope you feel better soon and also hope Kuan Yin perks up. Maybe she's just feeling a bit "off" like Pip was on Saturday - he's fine again now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #6

Happy Valentines Day to those partnered! Enjoy!

Delightful warm spell here: already 14 C (56 F), before lunch, azure blue skies, but windy. Feels very pleasant after the harsh weather for months on end. No plans, still not going out as the shortness of breath is about the same; hope the inhalers will start helping.

Has everyone ordered their seeds? I've been going thru the T & M catalogue wanting more than I have room for ...

Pamela, what a nice OH! Angie, how was the garden centre? Squirrel, strange about the box, wonder what made her do that? Tink, hope both you and KY feel better soon, take care.

Catsey Veteran

14-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #7

Well the other day there was some vomit on the couch and thought it was from a dog who frequently gets into and eats things she shouldn't..but just found some in a room only the cats go into so now I'm more worried..

Catsey Veteran

14-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #8

Angie - have had a few hugs off of Cloud today, yes.

Eileen... No idea, except that she is extremely pernickety as to how her litter trays have to be for her to use them... if she doesn't like the litter, or if she's used it before, or whatever... She's very quick to decide she doesn't like the tray and go elswhere... I'm still learning what is too much of course!

Haven't a clue why she might have chosen to use the box instead though!!!

Catsey Veteran

14-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Well the other day there was some vomit on the couch and thought it was from a dog who frequently gets into and eats things she shouldn't..but just found some in a room only the cats go into so now I'm more worried..
*hugs* Sorry to hear that Tink.

Catsey Veteran

14-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #10

i have a cat food delivery with new flavors coming at noon today..see if that generates any interest..