Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
12-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #1

Saturday weekend daily

Rock on the weekend.

Not sure what I am going to do but will do somehing I think I am spending to much time doing nothing and not enough time doing something.............. ..............must get more active.

Anyhow going to plant up the last of my "late purchase" bulbs, today so off to get more pots I have decided the ones I have are not right. then planting up may get compost on the way back and then a few extra's.
Gardening is getting into my head and under my skin again. I am hoping planting up the pots helps me decide what to do with the rest of it.

Got to pop to the shops as well for milk.

Anyhow the weather here is slightly damp and dodgy, but not enough to keep me in need to weed the front too.

Oh yes did I mention I found my two old tennis rackets the other day had the one since I was about 14 and the other late teens. So happy may go for a knock about (no one in the family friends) like tennis............. ...so on the lookout for a knockabout partner.

Anyhow of the track sllightly I know.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
12-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #2

Re: Saturday weekend daily

Morning Kazz, and everyone.

Having a trip to Perth today, love ir there. Meeting some friends for lunch and then shops.

Dry, sunny and misty here.

Must rush, late. Have a great day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #3

morning kazz and calismum,

A trip to perth sounds good calismum

I know the eeling about spending too much time doing nothing kazz, i keep thinking theres loads i should be doing on my days off just now such as getting fit!!

We are off to b&q for paint the got a family house party tonight for a family friend and anther 1 tomorrow!

Hope you all have a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
12-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #4

Morning all...

Good luck finding a knock-about partner Kazz.

Perth sounds great fun CM. I occasionally go to see a friend in the area - when she's there! Looks like you might have just about got a reasonable day for it too - given Perth has the same mix of sunny weather with possible overcast bit... long as it doesn't throw it down!

Hope B&Q goes well enough Pamela. Sounds like you've got a busy day or so.

Over here? Well, I've got a few jobs done around the place - need to wash a few dishes, then, after lunch, am going to be creating some dishes from beef. Not too sure what yet - but it'll be a case of fry up beef, throw in other veg, and cook! So shouldn't be too difficult! Might shove one lot in the slow cooker and cook over night - though that always leaves me not hungry in the morning!

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
12-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #5

When am I going to have something interesting to add to the daily threads? Hubby will be going out this afternoon to the monthly local art group meeting and I'll be watching the rugby on tv. I don't understand much about the rules even after years of watching, but I do enjoy watching athletic young men getting sweaty and muddy! I probably shouldn't have admitted that, it sounds rather wrong!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
When am I going to have something interesting to add to the daily threads? Hubby will be going out this afternoon to the monthly local art group meeting and I'll be watching the rugby on tv. I don't understand much about the rules even after years of watching, but I do enjoy watching athletic young men getting sweaty and muddy! I probably shouldn't have admitted that, it sounds rather wrong!

Hello everyone,
had a lovely meal with my work collegues last night, glad i made the effort to go.
Been out for a walk with the hound this morning, now she's crashed out.
Got a load of washing in, so i feel busy whilst i catch up on here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #7

Afternoon all.

Not having a good day today hubby and me had words because he said he is going to get some rat traps as they keep digging holes under our fence and coming into the garden, I told him that if he does I would divorce him (and I am very serious I would as I cannot bear the thought of the person I love hurting an animal, even if he does think of them as vermin) couple of hours later and I am still livid, I did say if he gets any that I will remove them from the garden....he seems intend on going ahead (although he hasn't gone out get and got them) I think he thinks that I will just calm down but this is one thing I cannot tolerate. Got a horrible feeling it is all going to end badly.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #8

Hi, all, the sun is trying to come out and not as bitter as it has been: 3 C (38 F). As usual I have nothing interesting to add to the daily; still taking it easy because of the emphysema. Hope the inhaler will help, it came yesterday very late so haven't tried it yet .....

Emma, so sorry you're disstressed about the rat situation; sorry but I do agree with OH, they are vermin. Do you have any friends with a rat terrier you could borrow for a short while to rid the garden of them? Or would that terrify Bronwyn and Arthur? Just a thought. Have fun in Perth, CM; Kazz, you are the busiest person I know! Glad you had a good meal out, Shelley, MrsH, enjoy your rugby!

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #9

Eileen, hubby doesn't seem to be intelligent to understand that we live in a village, with a field to the back of us that has an old stable, our garden at the back is more or less open, what exactly is he going to do, try and kill the entire rat population of Essex??? But because the poor things dig a few holes under our fence, they have not damaged anything, I cannot stand that type of attitude Also with his hours that he works if he trapped them is he going to check on them everyday? And what drown or beat them to death....or let them starve, if he hurts one of them, it will be over for us, I could not stand to be with a man who killed ANY animal. Humans are more vermin like than rats if you ask me....

Christ I still haven't calmed down....and he went out and came back with no traps and I asked him why not and he said because I told him not to.....blxxdy man he knows how I feel about it........ That made me even madder....

So he has ruined what I hoped to be a nice weekend...

Catsey Veteran

12-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Hi, all, the sun is trying to come out and not as bitter as it has been: 3 C (38 F). As usual I have nothing interesting to add to the daily; still taking it easy because of the emphysema. Hope the inhaler will help, it came yesterday very late so haven't tried it yet .....

Emma, so sorry you're disstressed about the rat situation; sorry but I do agree with OH, they are vermin. Do you have any friends with a rat terrier you could borrow for a short while to rid the garden of them? Or would that terrify Bronwyn and Arthur? Just a thought. Have fun in Perth, CM; Kazz, you are the busiest person I know! Glad you had a good meal out, Shelley, MrsH, enjoy your rugby!
Eileen they are not in our garden, they have dug a few holes under our fence...no doubt to come into the garden to look for food, we did see them a few years back climbing our willow tree to feed from the bird feeder, they came from next doors garden. Personally I just want to leave them alone.... They are only trying to survive.... And they have not done any damage....