Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
29-09-2023, 12:36 AM   #1

Friday daily.

Good morning ladies,
It's 11:30am here and the first time I've posted in the morning for ages. It's really cold outside but the rain has now finally stopped ,at least until tonight, and I've got at least two full loads of washing to do and hang out. I've got the first load in the machine going through now. Janna will hang it out for me while I get the second load ready. Thank you both for wishing Janna a good birthday yesterday. She had a fantastic day, and we had a lovely meal last night, although it wasn't terribly healthy - the platter consisted of chicken tenders, chicken wings in a coke marinade, wedges, corn nuggets and chicken nuggets with a variety of dipping sauces. There was also coleslaw included. On top of that, Brenna had also ordered us four different pizzas and some plum sorbet.. She must think we're terrible gluttons. I'm going to give my sister, Mary, two of the pizzas for their tea.tonight and we'll eat what we can of the others. Paddy actually sent Janna a text last night as well. I was really pleased ,as they were very close growing up. It was brief, but at least he sent it.He doesn't answer my emails and so I don't know how Oliver and Matilda are, but I am going to send them a gift for Christmas and see what happens.

Now ,as you know I had my pre-admission appointment at the hospital yesterday. It went really well. Thanks for all the good wishes. I saw my surgeon's assistant first, who explained the procedure which takes around two hours and told me what to expect after the surgery during my three day stay in hospital. Then I saw the surgeon's head nurse who was lovely. She showed me my x-rays, did an ECG ,took my BP, listened to my breathing etc, and next Tuesday, I have an appointment with the anaesthetist. I've also got to have more blood tests - I'm a real pin cushion at the moment.

I'll probably go shopping tomorrow at St Martins if it's not raining too heavily. I really need eggs, as I've run out, but I HAVE to get Quail Valley eggs, and I can only get them from St Martins New World, not my local supermarket. I've got a real obsession with these eggs, and refuse to eat any other brand. Ridiculous, I know.

All cats are well and happy. Miracle is on the cat scratcher, Freddie is on my lounge chair,Snoddy is sleeping on my bed and I'm not sure where Betsey is -probably in a box somewhere.

I've just seen a nice photo of Brenna and Jared going to a masquerade ball last month. Brenna actually did the face painting on her and Jared. When I get Janna's phone ,I'll send it to you . I wish I was artistic and creative. Well that's all my news for today.

PAMELA, how is Harris getting on now? Hopefully he's calmed down a bit. Shelley's idea of a new cat on the block is a good one. Perhaps another male cat is terrorizing poor Harris at night. It's a worry though, because you don't want him fighting and getting injured. I'm thrilled that Mia is going mantrailing as well as Robyn. She looks as if she's enjoying herself, especially getting the treats. Gosh your dogs are so alert looking,Pamela. You can see it in their eyes. and the way they stand at attention. I guess that must be a common trait in the breed. They're both going to love meeting up with other Brittany's at the weekend. Let's hope the weather is fine for the meet and greet.

SHELLEY, I'm sorry you have been struck with covid, and I hope you are keeping warm and resting up. It's starting to spread a bit here again - that new strain- and our present vaccines don't work against it. I hope you feel a lot better soon, and let's hope that Howard and Chris don't catch it from you. I'm sorry, too, to hear about your poor uncle. I hope he continues to improve. It will take time, but at least he's in the best place. for rehabilitation. I met a man of 91 at the bus stop at Burwood Hospital yesterday and we got talking. He was there visiting his wife ,who has dementia and unfortunately broke her hip after a fall. He visits her every day and he's hoping she can come home soon. They are both in a care facility and like it there. He was such a nice man and I'm glad that they are still able to be together.

Well ladies. Janna has just hung out the first load of washing, so I'm going to put the next load on and maybe get that out on the line as well.

Have a fantastic Friday, Pamela and Shelley. Don't work too hard today, Pamela, and feel better soon ,Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-09-2023, 08:31 AM   #2

Re: Friday daily.

Hello ladies,
Wow, sounds like Janna had a lovely burthday feast.
So pleased your appointment went well too. It would be extra special that Paddy sent a birthday text to Janna.
My plans today are a dog walk this morning and then get dolls ready for the fair in December, i also have a small stall ciming up next weekend, its a doll club meeting.
I am gradually feeling better and will be back at work next week.
My dad and aunty visited my uncle in hospital and he's making good progress.
Pamela, how are you and what plans for the weekend.
How lovely that Mia got to trail as well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
29-09-2023, 08:48 PM   #3

Re: Friday daily.

Good evening ladies,

Shelley im glad to hear you are feeling better. Covid certainly isnt pleasant. How was your dog walk? I found i got breathless quite easily after i had covid took a while to get over that.

Dinky glad to hear your appointment went well and that Janna had a lovely birthday!! Please be careful going ot the shops with your knees!! You dont want to do any more damage to them if they are still sore!!

The photo of Brenna and Jared was lovely!! I loved Brennas facepaint

I took Mia trailing last night and she graduated from hunting trails to a proper trail last night and she smashed it especially proud as it was in the dark!! I am taking her tomorrow instead of Robyn as i am also out trailing on Monday with my instructor as she said to bring one of the girls along because i have been helping her so much so will take Robyn with me to let Mia get another shot of trailing.

Just been and picked new glasses as mine broke the other day so having been having to wear my contacts which arent great when im in front of a screen for 8hours a day!! Get me new ones hopefully next week and i have managed to cellotape my other ones together so i can use them

Have a lovely weekend ladies