Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
24-09-2023, 06:03 AM   #1

Rainy Sunday.

Hi ladies,
It's 5pm here and cold and wet outside. It's been raining the last 3 days and boy, the temperatures have dropped, especially overnight. Snoddy has spent the last few nights sleeping up by my pillow. Normally he'll stay with me until around 3am then go and sleep in the lounge. We had daylight saving from today - all clocks went forward one hour at 2am this morning so we're feeding the wee birds a bit later now.

The new cat scratcher is up and running here in the lounge now and both Miracle and Betsey sleep on it,but Snoddy and Freddie are terrified and won't go near it. I'm going to move it out of the lounge though, as it really takes up too much room.Might put it beside their high cat tower in the front conservatory.

On Friday night, we had a slight accident. I was trying to push the computer table a bit closer to the wall when the whole thing collapsed on me. and fell to the floor, me with it. I landed hard on my knees and the computer monitor landed on the ground along with all the stuff on the desk. Luckily the computer was OK but the table snapped into pieces. It was really old anyway, and I do have a new one although it hasn't bee assembled. I may have to get some help to do that because the instructions are all in Chinese. We managed to salvage the desk top and we've got it on two stools with the computer on it, but it's not very stable. I hope we don't have another earthquake. My knees are really bruised and I have to go to the hospital on Thursday for a pre-admission appointment. I can hardly walk as they are really swollen and stiff, but I'll keep putting cold packs on them to try and get the swelling down a bit before my appointment.. To add to my bad news, my new pyrex dish is too big for my oven. I think the previous owner gave me incorrect measurements, but it's a nice one so I'll keep it. Just got to try and get a smaller one now.

Oren and I decided on a Hogwarts castle scentsy burner and I also bought myself a Tiger's Eye one to sit by my big china cheetah statue in the lounge. I might have to use it just as a nightlight though as I'm not sure if the waxes will affect my sinus, and also Janna is thinking about getting another bird (not a budgie but something bigger from the same woman who bred Damon) and birds cannot be around scents.

Just soup and toast for tea tonight and maybe some frozen yoghurt to follow. Soup's always good on a cold night.

PAMELA,I hope the new class with Robyn went well last week. Has it stopped raining yet ? i hope you had a good week back at work and didn't have too much to do. I know I owe you an email and I'll either email you tonight or tomorrow, depending on how hot the computer nuc is. It's still heating up and I'm worried it's going to blow up. That's all I need. Hopefully i'll be able to send you a picture Janna took of Miracle and Betsey on the cat scratcher. Pamela, I hope your dad is continuing to do well and that he had a great time in Bulgaria recently.

SHELLEY, hopefully it has stopped raining for you now as well. Walking doggies is no fun in the rain. I hope you had a good week at work also and that you are slowly getting used to all those frustrating changes. Have you been to any good doll fairs lately ? I've been thinking a lot about Reuben over the last week and I'm saying my special prayer to St Francis every night for him. Now I know I owe you an email too, Shelley, and again, I'll email you either tonight or tomorrow, depending on how hot this computer is.

Well ladies, I'll turn off the computer now as it's really hot again.I hope you have a really relaxing Sunday and manage to find a bit of sunshine out there somewhere. There's certainly none in this neck of the woods anyway. I'll now go and limp into the kitchen and heat up that soup. I'm getting hungry now.

Love to all Catsey cats and dogs, not forgetting Reuben and Loonah of course.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-09-2023, 06:25 PM   #2

Re: Rainy Sunday.

Good evening ladies,

Had a lovely weekend. Was mantrailing with Robyn yesterday and she smashed her trail! She hadnt trailed for 5weeks and struggled a little bit on Wednesday with her first trail but got right back on it on her 2nd and that carried through to yesterday. Steven and i went out on the bikes when i got home and had a lovely wee ride and then home and watched strictly come dancing We went to my dads today to vax clean his living room carpet then home. I had chicken and pilau rice stuffed into yorkshire puddings and steven had toad in the hole. Was lovely!!

We start our new classes on 7th October and we have a Scottish Brittany meet up on the 8th so that will be a busy weekend!!

Dinky, Oh my goodness! i am so glad you are ok!! Please take care of yourself!! Take it easy moving about with those knees!! I can only imagine how painful that would have been! Maybe get Jared to help you build your new table!

Glad you had a nice time with Oren. I really need to look into the burners as they sound amazing!! What kind of bird is Janna thinking of getting? How wil the cats be with it? Probably best to keep the new scratching post away from the cage

Shelley, how is the new work place going? How is Reuben doing? Hope Malaika and Kwame are doing well as well

My lot are all fine, Harris is grounded again as he has been out and fighting!! Dinky did the german shepherd get found and returned to the owner? I have been wondering if he is home.

Have a lovely Monday when it comes ladies, i wshall be in the office tomorrow then hopefully out on the bikes with the ladies group!