Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #1

Flurries Friday

Called such because we had slight snow flurries here in the night.

Just been out with Sal and back now and off to bed after a browse.

Angie I do hope you enjoyed your CD yesterday have to admit I have never head of or heard Vaughan Williams.

Yola tut tut baiting the neighbours....... ......hope you get the cough sorted.

Shelley I wish you a frightfree Friday.

See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
14-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #2

Re: Flurries Friday

Morning Kazz. We have the snow here and it seems to be getting a bit heavier!! We have Christmas jumper day today in work so I have a jumper with a snowman on it which is kinda appropriate given its snowing! Hope everyone has a good day and stays warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #3

Morning Kazz, Pamela - we have torrential rain here, rather than snow - not sure which I'd prefer ... snow is certainly prettier. OH is out with Monty so towels at the ready for their return and a hair dryer for Monty too I expect.

Kazz - here is a link to info re Ralph Vaughan Williams who is certainly a favourite of mine http://www.classicfm.com/composers/vaughan-williams/

Pamela - enjoy your jumper day at work, at least hopefully you'll all be warm in your best Christmas woollies!

Take care out there peeps and have a good day if you can.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #4

It's raining cats and dogs here; mild too. We're about to head off to Dominik's school Christmas Carol Service which is the official end of term activity. Am hoping that I can suppress my cough for the duration - once I start I can't stop

Angie - I love Vaughan Williams; infact I have rekindled my love for English composers recently when looking for music to calm my frazzled nerves.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
14-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #5

good afternoon all! i have been strucken down with the gastro bug so this is my 2nd day off work with it will have to go in tomorrow tho as there is no-one else to open the shop. feeling bit better today, just hope i can keep some food down, i was fine yesterday but then was sick again at 2am.

we had a light drizzle of snow yesterday morning, but its raining today.

pamela i think we need to see a pic of you in your snowman jumper

hope everyone is well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #6

afternoon all.
The weather is milder here, i was pleasantly surprised to find the car frost free.
Had a nice morning at work and going to start some housework soon.
Tonight is the works do, i'm not realy a fan of big do's but feel obligated to go.

Catsey Veteran

14-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
Morning Kazz. We have the snow here and it seems to be getting a bit heavier!! We have Christmas jumper day today in work so I have a jumper with a snowman on it which is kinda appropriate given its snowing! Hope everyone has a good day and stays warm.
How lovely what a great idea a christmas jumper day and a snowman jumper WOW. Yes a picture would be good.

Has the snow stuck? I do like snow but not when it causes chaos seems we can't cope with snow.

Catsey Veteran

14-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Morning Kazz, Pamela - we have torrential rain here, rather than snow - not sure which I'd prefer ... snow is certainly prettier. OH is out with Monty so towels at the ready for their return and a hair dryer for Monty too I expect.

Kazz - here is a link to info re Ralph Vaughan Williams who is certainly a favourite of mine http://www.classicfm.com/composers/vaughan-williams/

Pamela - enjoy your jumper day at work, at least hopefully you'll all be warm in your best Christmas woollies!

Take care out there peeps and have a good day if you can.
Interesting Thanks Angie - you learn something every day I have heard of the music greensleeves and wasps. I did like the English folklore suite (taster) and Fantasia on a theme of Thomas Tallis (taster).

I may even get a CD any you would recommend for a beginner?

Catsey Veteran

14-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
It's raining cats and dogs here; mild too. We're about to head off to Dominik's school Christmas Carol Service which is the official end of term activity. Am hoping that I can suppress my cough for the duration - once I start I can't stop

Angie - I love Vaughan Williams; infact I have rekindled my love for English composers recently when looking for music to calm my frazzled nerves.

Yola hope you managed to stop the coughing for the duration my experience has always been when I don't want to cough I cough more. I do hope you enjoyed the carol service - I think school concerts are a lovely part of Christmas getting you into the spirit.

Catsey Veteran

14-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynz85
good afternoon all! i have been strucken down with the gastro bug so this is my 2nd day off work with it will have to go in tomorrow tho as there is no-one else to open the shop. feeling bit better today, just hope i can keep some food down, i was fine yesterday but then was sick again at 2am.

we had a light drizzle of snow yesterday morning, but its raining today.

pamela i think we need to see a pic of you in your snowman jumper

hope everyone is well.
Ohh sorry - a few people I know have been struck down its a noroviros apparently. Its is apparently spread by contact touch a surface/item/person and you could pass it on or catch it.
Hope you feel better soon.