Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: B&W Semi-Long Hair Moggy
Darky is Male
24-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #11

Re: New Kittens - Lemon & Enki

Yet they are always taken to the vet.

I know it's dumb that often it happens later than it should, this is something that never ever happened with my now deceased cat Tiger who received constant vet care.

A lot of it has to do with my parents, whom I live with. It's difficult when I inform them that I must take a pet to the vet and they try again and again to assure me that it is not needed, especially when they are my main form of transport.

I will be taking both Enki and Lemon to the vet ASAP, as I have funds coming my way.

I completely understand all of your worries.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
24-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #12

Your new kittens are lovely. Such a shame the woman was not so organised in getting them to you.

Their eyes do look quite bad. I really hope that they clear up with just washing and cleaning. What worries me is the third eyelid is so obvious, that can indicate underlying health probs. It would just be tragic after all they've obviously been through if they were to lose an eye or worse.

Is there no way you can get them to a vet earlier? What about PDSA?

I hope Lemon recovers and we see lots more pics.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #13

They're adorable, so playful and friendly. I agree they're not as old as you were told they were, and also that their eyes need to be looked at. Spike does look a bit bemused, not quite sure what to make of his new housemates!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
24-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #14

The kittens are lovely, my guess at ages would be the bigger one 6-8 weeks and the smaller 5-6 weeks, although from the pics of them with your fiancee the older one looks quite big, at 5 weeks our kittens would sit on the palm of your hand, as Anakin did when we brought him home and I guessed he was about 5 weeks, they look bigger than that, perhaps not as chunky as ours were.

Also, our kittens had a nasty bout of conjuncitivis when they were around 4-6 weeks if I remember right, they were given medicine but to be honest on how much they ate (as just being weaned and were told to put it in food) I couldn't say and it was just a vitamin of sorts, L-lysine I think? To boost their system. We were told they were far too small/young and it wasn't serious enough in comparison to offer them any kind of 'serious' drugs. I'm certainly not making a diagnosis of your kittens nor saying it's ok to skip the vet either but perhaps you could just ring for advice as that doesn't cost anything?

I would much rather see the kittens with someone who was clearly going to love them and look after them to the best of their ability, despite money worries, than with someone who blatently didn't care, who knows where they might have ended up otherwise? Be honest, how many of you would have taken on these kittens in the state they are in? I think they are lucky to be where they are by the sounds of things. JMO.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #15

Being honest Kelly, If the Diva allowed, yes I would take on one or two more and if they were in the state of these two little ones, I'd have them vet checked asap.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
24-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Being honest Kelly, If the Diva allowed, yes I would take on one or two more and if they were in the state of these two little ones, I'd have them vet checked asap.
As would I and all but one of the cats I have brought into my home from elsewhere have been in some kind of need, even Kiara to a degree, but when looking for a new kitten, i'm just saying, not many people would opt for these over a healthy and well bred one and they would be more likely to end up somewhere dodgy as the more responsible owner is more likely to be looking for a healthy well bred animal from a reputable source or rescued animal from a center or organisation, JMO of course.

Catsey Senior

Darky is Male
24-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Your new kittens are lovely. Such a shame the woman was not so organised in getting them to you.

Their eyes do look quite bad. I really hope that they clear up with just washing and cleaning. What worries me is the third eyelid is so obvious, that can indicate underlying health probs. It would just be tragic after all they've obviously been through if they were to lose an eye or worse.

Is there no way you can get them to a vet earlier? What about PDSA?

I hope Lemon recovers and we see lots more pics.

I am certainly going to try. C:

Thank you so much for understanding, Random.

I certainly wasn't planning to get another cat until I moved out, however the news of about 11 kittens suddenly needing homes was something that I could not ignore.

Their condition was fairly hidden from me, but I would have taken them on regardless. Enki's eye condition was never mentioned to me once, and was a total surprise. I am really worried about how bad his eyelids look, one eye worse than the other, and he is my main priority at the moment.

I need to try and arrange travel to the vet, first and foremost, really.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #18

Darky where abouts in Essex do you live?? I also live in Essex and can give you a lift to a vets anytime next week (in the evening) if you are close.

Catsey Senior

Darky is Male
25-07-2009, 12:15 PM   #19

Well I live in North Weald, near Epping.

Thanks so much for the offer, but I think I should be okay! They're very good in the carrier, so I've decided that if I need to I shall simply take them by bus (or cab, depending on the weather.)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #20

No problems, North Weald is only down the road from me ( I live near Braintree) so if you get stuck just let me know and I would be happy to help.